Amit Trivedi is an Indian film composer, musician, singer and lyricist, working in Bollywood. After working as a theatre and jingle composer and composing for non-film albums, he debuted as a film composer in the 2008 Hindi film Aamir, and shot to fame in the Hindi film music scene with his critically acclaimed work in the more popular Dev.D (2009), which earned him several accolades, including the 2010 National Film Award for Best Music Direction for Dev.D.
Real Name : Amit Trivedi
Nickname : Amit
Profession : Composer, record producer, singer, instrumentalist, lyricist
Date of Birth : 8 April 1979
Age (as in 2017) : 38 Years
Birth Place : Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Zodiac sign : Aries
Nationality : Indian
Hometown : Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
School : Not known
College : Rizvi College, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Religion : Hindu
Hobbies : Reading, Travelling
Physical Stats & More
Height : 5’ 7”
Weight : 64 kg
– Chest: 38 Inches
– Waist: 32 Inches
– Biceps: 12 Inches
Eye Color : Black
Hair Color : Black
Girls, Affairs and More
Marital Status :Married
Affairs/Girlfriends : Not Known
Wife : Krutee Desai Trivedi (Executive Associate & Admin at Pepperfry.com)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Amit Trivedi
- Young Trivedi was very poor at academics; he had an intense dislike for the subject- ‘History’, to the extent that he was even expelled from the history class for an entire year.
- Amit Trivedi’s musical journey began during his college days. At the age of 19, Trivedi joined a local band named ‘OM’ and started performing at local gigs, small-scale shows and live performances.
- One fine day, the band was noticed by Times Music, a renowned music production company, which offered to launch the band’s album. However, the album could not do well commercially.
- After his stint with the band was over, Trivedi moved on to the bigger picture and started composing music for theaters. Additionally, he sang advertisement jingles for popular brands like Airtel and McDonalds.
- Interestingly, he has also composed the title track of Abhijit Sawant’s album Junoon.
- Singer Shilpa Rao then introduced him to filmmaker Anurag Kashyap. Since the latter was in search of a new music composer for his film Dev D, Trivedi was hired for the task.
- Dev D, however, could not release on the scheduled date and thus Trivedi’s debut came with Rajeev Khandelwal starrer Aamir (2008).
- The following year, Dev D hit theaters and its songs became instant chartbusters. The delay instead resulted in fruition as Amit Trivedi was awarded the National Award for Best Music Direction.
- He believes that in order to compose music for a film, one must first try to know more about the culture/states that a movie features. Following this ideology, he travels to different places before composing the ‘apt’ music for a film. For instance, he spent a few months in Punjab and some countries in Europe before giving music for the films Love Shuv Tey Chicken Khurrana (2012) and Queen (2013) respectively. Since this activity leads to time constraints, Trivedi does not like taking more than 2 projects a year.
- Though he mostly sings for his own compositions only, he lent his voice to the song ‘Keh Ke Lunga’ composed by Sneha Khanwalkar from the movie Gangs of Wasseypur.
- He does not like to stay in limelight and is rarely spotted in TV shows and media sessions.
Updated On: 19 April 2017