Chiranjeevi is one of the famous celebrity of south India as well as a popular politician. Chiranjeevi is among few actor who worked in 150 movies during his career life. He started his career with the movie “Pranam Khareedu” which came in 1978 year. And in next year i.e. 1979, he give not 1 or 2 but total 8 movies. He is only south Indian actor who won Filmfare awards not once but total 7 times. His brother name is Pawan Kalyan who is currently engaged in movies. While his nephew Allu Arjun is also a leading actor in South Indian movies. After saying good byee to acting, he joined politics and currently he is the tourism minister of Andhra Pradesh.
Real Name: Konidela Siva Sankara Vara Prasad
Profession: Actor, Politician
Date of Birth 22 August 1955
Age (as in 2017): 61 Years
Birth Place: Mogalthur, West Godavari district, Andhra Pradesh, India
Zodiac sign: Leo
Hometown: Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana, India
School: CSR Sharma College, Ongole, Andhra Pradesh (Intermediate)
College: Sri Y N College, Narsapur, Andhra Pradesh
Education Qualifications: Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.)
Father- Venkat Rao Konidela (Police constable)
Mother- Anjana Devi Konidela
Brother- Nagendra Babu (Film producer), Pawan Kalyan (Actor)
Sister- Vijaya durga, Madhavi
Physical Stats & More
Height: 5’ 9”
Weight: 80 kg
-Chest: 42 Inches
-Waist: 34 Inches
-Biceps: 13 Inches
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Black
Film: Pranam Khareedu (Telugu, 1978), 47 Natkal (Tamil, 1981), Pratibandh (Bollywood, 1990), Sipayi (Kannada, 1996)
TV: Meelo Evaru Koteeswarudu Season 4 (2017)
Girls, Affairs and More
Marital Status: Married (On 20 February 1980)
Affairs/Girlfriends: Not Known
Wife: Surekha Konidela
Daughter- Srija, Susmitha
Son- Ram Charan Teja (Actor)
Salary: 20-25 crore/film (INR)
Net Worth: $16 million
Some Lesser Known Facts About Chiranjeevi
- Chiranjeevi is an ardent devotee of Lord Hanuman.
- He also presented with an honorary doctorate from Andhra University.
- He was the first actor from South India to be invited to the Oscars ceremony in 1987.
- In 1992, the Telugu film ”Gharana Mogudu” made him the highest paid actor in India during that time with Rs. 1.25 crore and calling him ”Bigger than Bachchan.”
- He also worked in the Hollywood film ”The Return of the Thief of Baghdad”, but the film was suspended for unknown reasons.
- In 1998, he founded the ”Chiranjeevi Charitable Trust” (CCT), which includes Chiranjeevi Blood & Eye Banks and is the state’s largest recipient of Eye & Blood Donations.
- Apart from being an actor, he is also a great singer and sung several songs such as Chai Chai of film ”Mrugaraju” (2001).
- He gave his voice for various Telugu films such as ”Hanuman” (Animated, 2005), ”Varudu” (2010), ”Rudhramadevi” (2015), and ”Ghazi” (2017).
- In 2002, he was awarded the Samman award for the highest Income tax payer for the assessment year 1999-2000 by the minister of state for Finance, Government of India.
- In 2008, he started a political party ”Praja Rajyam” in the state of Andhra Pradesh. In 2011, he merged the 30-month-old Praja Rajyam Party with the Indian National Congress.
- In 2014, he was awarded International Face of Indian Cinema at the 3rd South Indian International Movie Awards from Tengku Adnan Tengku Mansor.
- He is the first Indian actor who started his own personal website.