Chitrangada Singh is an Indian actress, who is popular in bollywood. She is best recognised for her performance in Hazaaron Khwaishen Aisi. She is the brand ambassador of Parachute, Airtel, Puma, Garnier, Taj Mahal Tea, Aliva Crackers, Joyalukkas Jewellers, Borges Olive Oil, Tanishq and Burberry Store. She has also done item numbers in the movies like Joker, Anjaan and Gabbar is Back. Now, she will soon be seen in an upcoming film ‘Band of Maharajas’.
Real Name: Chitrangada Singh
Physical Stats & More
Height: 5′ 5″
Weight: 54 kg
Figure Measurements: 34-24-36
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Brown
Date of Birth: 30 August, 1976
Age(as in 2016): 40 Years
Birth Place: Meerut, Uttar Pradesh, India
Zodiac sign: Aries
Hometown: Basically she hails from a Punjabi Hindu Jatt family but she was born and grown up in Meerut, Uttar Pradesh and now she is settled in Mumbai.
School: All girls school, Meerut
College: Lady Irwin College, Delhi
Educational Qualifications: Food and Nutrition Course
Debut Movie: Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi
Hobbies: Sky Diving, Fishing
Boys, Family & More
Marital Status: Divorced
Affairs/Boyfriends: Sudhir Mishra (director) (rumour)
Husband: Jyoti Singh Randhawa (divorced in April 2014)
Son: Zorawar Randhawa
Price per Movie 2 crores (INR)
Actress Chitrangada has roped in for Girish Malik’s upcoming movie ‘Band of Maharajas’. It is a story of Pakistani singer-activist Billo Mumtaz and her musical journey. Chitrangda Singh plays the lead role as Billo Mumtaz, which will be an interesting character. The film will be released next year.
Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi
Yeh Saali Zindagi
I, Me Aur Main
Gabbar is Back
Some lesser known facts about Chitrangada Singh
- Chitrangada Singh is sister of famous golf player Digvijay Singh.
- Her husband is also a golf player whose name is Jyoti Randhawa. He happened to stay in the top 100 golf players of the world list.
- She studied in the famous Lady Irwin college for women in New Delhi. She had done graduation in food and diet course, with an aim of becoming a dietitian.
- She is compared to the famous veteran actress, Smita Patil in looks.
- Even though she was compared to Smita Patil and she became popular with the similarity, Chitrangada says that she is not a great fan of Smita Patil and she says that Shabana Azmi is the one who inspired us towards acting.
- She is a trained Kathak dancer and singer too.
- She is the brand ambassador of PETA, the organization for animal protection.
She has a son of five year old.
- She took an abrupt break in acting for a few years, in which she says that she had been held a home prisoner by her husband, who is not very much in favor of her having a careeer in acting.
- She took divorce and is acting as a single mother to her son.