Harshdeep Kaur is an Indian playback singer known for her Sufi songs. After winning the titles in two talent reality shows, Kaur established herself as a lead singer in Bollywood soundtracks. She has been born and brought up in a Sikh family and Harshdeep Kaur parents are also equally talented. She inherited the talent of music from her father. Harshdeep Kaur family background is musically strong as her father owns a factory where musical instruments are made.
Real Name: Harshdeep Kaur
Profession: Playback singer
Physical Stats & More
Height: 5’ 4”
Weight : 57 kg
Figure Measurements: 35-27-35
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Black
Date of Birth: 16 December 1986 (age 30)
Age (as in 2016): 30 Years
Birth Place: Delhi, India
Zodiac sign: Sagittarius
Hometown: Delhi, India
School: Springdales School, Pusa Road, New Delhi
Father– Savinder Singh (Owns a factory of musical instruments)
Sister– Simran Kaur Bal
Debut Song: Sajna Main Haari from the movie Aapko Pehle B Kahin Dekha hai in 2003
Marital Status: Married
Affair/Boyfriend: Mankeet Singh
Husband: Mankeet Singh (Works at Tata Consultancy Services)
Marriage Date: 20 March 2015
Notable Works of Playback Singing
- Sajna Main Haari
- Leja Leja
- Katiya Karoon
- Saaiyaan (Bani) – Ishq Da Kalma TV Series on Colors TV
- Jalte Diye
- Nachde Ne Saare
- “Ek Shringaar Swabhimaan” Ek Shringaar Swabhimaan Colors Serial
- Khulke Dulke
- Zaalima in Raees
Sufi Ki Sultana
Kaur won the singing competition Junoon – Kuch Kar Dikhaane Ka on NDTV Imagine in September 2008. She competed from the Sufi Ki Sultan genre with Ustad Rahat Fateh Ali Khan as her mentor. She was declared the Sufi Ki Sultana by Amitabh Bachchan who was the chief guest in the Grand Finale.
Here are some interesting facts about Harshdeep Kaur
- Harshdeep started learning music at a very young age of 6. Even at that time, she was very passionate about both Indian and Western classical music.
- As soon as Harshdeep turned 12, she joined the Delhi School of Music to learn Piano.
- Harshdeep is the first female to win two singing reality show titles. In 2001, she was crowned the winner of MTV Video Gaga Contest; while in 2008, she won the singing competition ‘Junoon Kuch Kar Dikhaane Ka’, which was aired on NDTV Imagine. In the latter, she competed from the Sufi Ke Sultan genre with Ustad Rahat Fateh Ali Khan as her mentor.
- Not many people know that Harshdeep played a musical narrator in Color’s TV Show, Bani- Ishq Da Kalma (2013-2014). The show traced the plight of brides in Punjab who are left behind by their NRI husbands.
- Now a renowned Bollywood singer, Harshdeep has sung many commercially successful songs. Katiya Karoon from Rockstar (2011), Jugni from Cocktail (2012), Heer from Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012) and Uff from Bang Bang (2014) are some of her popular songs.
- In addition, she has also featured in all the 4 seasons of Coke Studio (India).
- In a short span of time, Harshdeep has become a notable live performer. She has headlined many prestigious music festivals in countries like Canada and England.
- She likes to sport a turban every time while performing live.
Updated on: 11 Jan 2017