Henna, popularly known as Mehandi is a hair coloring dimension from hundreds of years. It is a symbol of modern fashion to many women and men lately. There are many benefits of using henna for a healthy hair and it is one of the best natural remedies for hair growth, but people still go with the chemical products for quicker results. It has always been a bit difficult to color your hair with chemical products because there is a possibility of getting skin problems and itching. Usage of Henna Mehndi for coloring hair has indulged from many decades, as ancients kings, queens used to mix up with some powerful herbs to color their hair. Henna is a natural herbal powder which is not only used for coloring hair, but also helps to prevent dandruff and scalp itching. It acts as a good conditioner for your hair and helps to grow your hair.
Henna as a cosmetic hair dye :
The main reason why people go for henna as a cosmetic dye is because it is completely natural and chemical-free. In fact, the chances of it harming your hair is nullified. Some adults use henna to hide graying hair too! What’s more? Applying henna regularly on black hair will give it a natural shine and tint it in an intense maroon shade which will be usually visible under the sunlight.
Read Also: How to do Step By Step Hair Spa at Home
What are the things your should know before applying Henna Mehndi to Hair?
- Make sure to wash your hair properly.
- Henna generates different results on different hair colors. For instance, when used on white hair, the initial color of henna, which is usually orangish-brown, will be attained.
- For dry hair, add some oil into the mixture before applying it to the hair. Alternative;y, you may oil your hair prior to the application of henna. But do not overdo it, as the henna will not be able to coat your hair wholly.
- Since henna is a non-cosmetic product, we suggest you to wash it off with plain water once it dries. In case of any oil mixture, then you may shampoo your hair and condition as usual.
- Some people do not fancy the smell that henna leaves behind. To rid the smell, mix some cinnamon, ginger or black seed powder to the henna mixture. Ensure that your hair is not allergic to any of these beforehand.
- It is suggested that you use a hair dyeing brush to apply the henna mehndi mixture. This will prevent your fingers from getting colored.
How to Apply Henna on Hair
Mix the henna well with water in a bowl. Use a brush/wear plastic gloves to apply the mixture. Part your hair to three sections. Starting from one part, apply only on the scalp. Then apply the mixture right till the end. Repeat the same process over and over again to the other parts till you have covered your entire scalp and hair. Leave it on for 3-4 hours. Wash off with plain water.