Kedarnath Bhattacharya, better known as Kumar Sanu, is a leading Indian playback singer, mostly popular for rendering his voice in Bollywood movies of the 1990s and early 2000s. He holds the Guinness Book world record for recording the most songs in a day, 28, in the year 1993. He was awarded the Filmfare Best Male Playback Singer Award for five consecutive years. In 2009, the Government of India awarded him Padma Shri, India’s fourth-highest civilian honour, in recognition of his achievements.
Real Name: Kedarnath Bhattacharya
Nickname: Kumar Sanu
Profession: Singer, Music Director and Politician
Date of Birth: 20 October 1957
Age (as in 2017): 59 Years
Birth Place: Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Zodiac sign: Libra
Hometown: Kolkata, West Bengal, India
School: Not Known
College: Calcutta University, Kolkata
Educational Qualifications: Not Known
Father- Pashupati Bhattacharya
Mother- Not Known
Brother- Tapan Bhattacharya
Sister- Not Known
Singing Debut: Tin Kanya (1986)
Physical Stats & More
Height: 5’ 11”
Weight: 84 kg
– Chest: 44 Inches
– Waist: 36 Inches
– Biceps: 13 Inches
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Black
Favourite Food Fish and chole bhature
Favourite Actor: Amitabh Bachchan
Favourite Musician: Kishore Kumar
Girls, Affairs and More
Marital Status: Married
Affairs/Girlfriends: Meenakshi Seshadri (Actress)
Wife: Rita (Divored in 1994)
Children Daughter- Anna and Shannon K (Singer)
Son- Jaan (Jico)
Net Worth: $10 million
Some lesser known facts about Kumar Sanu
- Sanu used to play music instrument in his early days.
- He struggled in music industry for 7 years and finally in 1987, Jagjit Singh gave him an opportunity to sing in the Hindi film Aandhiyan.
- He holds the Guinness Book of World Records for recording 28 songs in a day.
- Some of his family members had done classical music training, but Sanu didn’t took any such training.
- He had never worked with A.R.Rahman, as he didn’t like his way of music recordings at night.
- His father worked as a music composer in local plays.
- In his childhood, people used to call him Chhaanu which he later used as Sanu.
- He is a member of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
- When he came to the Bollywood music industry, his name Sanu was written as Shanu, which he later rectified.
- He is a huge fan of Brazil football team, he even named his elder son as Jico after the Brazilian footballer Jico.