Kunal Kapoor is an Indian film actor, who is popular in bollywood. He rose high for his film Rang De Basanti along side Aamir Khan. His performance in the film made him to receive a nomination in the Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award category. Kunal has also worked as an assistant director for 2001 movie Aks. He has endorsed popular brands like Thumbs up, Indian terrain, Ray Ban and Mahindra Logan. He was last seen in the movie Dear Zindagi.
Real Name: Kunal Kapoor
Physical Stats & More
Weight: 88 kg
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Hair Color: Black
Date of Birth: 18 October 1977
Age (as in 2016) 39 Years
Birth Place Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Zodiac sign: Libra
Hometown: Amritsar, Punjab, India
Film Debut: Meenaxi: A Tale of Three Cities (2005)
Hobbies: Writing, racing and skydiving
Girls, Affairs and More
Wife: Actor Kunal Kapoor and Naina Bachchan have tied the knot on 10 February 2015 in the idyllic island of Seychelles. They exchanged the wedding wows in an intimate beach ceremony only in the presence of their immediate families.
Kunal Kapoor will be seen in upcoming flick Raag Desh which is written and directed by Tigmanshu Dhulia. The movie is about the famous Red Fort trials, which changed the course of India’s Azaadi Movement. The three officers who were court martialled were Prem Sehgal, Gurbaksh Dhillon and Shah Nawaz Khan for treason against the British king. It also stars Mohit Marwah and Amit Sadh.
Kunal Kapoor will soon be seen in National Award winning director Jayaraj’s next directorial venture titled as ‘Veeram’. It is an adaptation of legendary poet Shakespear’s classic Macbeth. It is being co-produced by Chandramohan Pillai and Pradeep Rajan of Chandrakala Arts.
Some lesser known facts about Kunal Kapoor
- Kunal started his career as an assistant director to Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, in Amitabh Bachchan starrer Aks (2001).
- He learned acting skills from Barry John’s acting school.
- Before making his Bollywood debut, he did a lot of theatre work in Motley Theatre Group founded by Naseeruddin Shah, Tom Alter and Benjamin Gilani.
- In 2009, he started writing in columns for HT City every week.
- He won the Filmfare award for best supporting role for the film Rang De Basanti (2006).
- He was offered a role in Farhan Akhtar‘s Rock On!!! but he rejected it. Later the role was given to Arjun Rampal who won many awards for that role. He later confessed that he regret his decision of rejecting that role.
- He is married to Naina Bachchan, niece of Amitabh Bachchan.
- In 2012, he started an online crowdfunding platform, Ketto with entreprenuer Varun Seth.
- He is a huge F1 and Rally racing fan.
- He is a big fan of Batman Comics, and has a collection of around 600 Batman comics.