Nawazuddin Siddiqui is an Indian film actor, who has appeared in many bollywood films like Black Friday, New York, Peepli Live, Kahani, Gangs of Wasseypur, Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 2, Manjhi and many more. He had raised his collar up with the film “Gangs of Wasseypur 2”, which gave him a stardom and respect among fellow film artists. He was awarded the Special Jury Award at the 60th National Film Awards 2012, for his work in films. His film ‘Raman Raghav 2.0’ was premiered at the 69th Cannes International Film Festival. He was seen alongwith Sridevi and Akshay Khanna in the flick Mom. Nawazuddin has recently seen in Sabbir Khan’s Munna Michael featuring Tiger Shroff in lead.
Date of Birth: 19 May 1974
Age (as in 2017): 43 Years
Birth Place: Budhana, Muzaffarnagar district, Uttar Pradesh, India
Zodiac sign: Taurus
Hometown: Budhana, Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh, India
School :B S S Inter College Budhana, Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh
College: Gurukul Kangri University, Haridwar, Uttarakand
The National School of Drama (NSD), New Delhi
Educational Qualifications: Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
Famous Role: Faizal Khan- Gangs of Wasseypur (part 1 & 2)
Father: Late Nawabuddin Siddiqui (farmer)
Brothers: Shamaz Nawab Siddiqui and 6 others
Hobbies: Flying Kites, Watching Films, Farming
Physical Stats & More
Height : in centimeters- 168 cm or 5’ 6”
Weight: 65 kg
– Chest: 38 Inches
– Waist: 30 inches
– Biceps: 12 Inches
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Black
Film Debut: Sarfarosh (1999)
Favourite Actor: Ashish Vidyarthi
Favourite Destination: Jaisalmer, Rajasthan
Girls, Affairs and More
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Anjali Siddiqui
Car/Bike Collection: Ford Endeavor (SUV)
Salary (approximate): 1 Crore (INR)/film
Net Worth: Not Known
In Babumoshai Bandookbaaz
Babumoshai Bandookbaaz is an upcoming Indian action thriller film directed by Kushan Nandy and produced by Kiran Shyam Shroff and Ashmith Kunder. The film features Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Bengali actress Bidita Bag in the lead roles. Nawazuddin Siddiqui will be seen in the role of a sharpshooter. The film is slated to be released on August 25.
Nawazuddin Siddiqui has bagged a role in London-based Beautiful Bay Entertainment production’s upcoming project. It is titled as ‘The Confession of Sultana Daku’. It is an adaptation of the book written by Sujit Saraf, on the life of the notorious UP dacoit Sultana.
Nawazuddin has also roped in director Pushpendra Misra’s flick Dhoomketu. It also stars filmmaker Anurag Kashyap, who will be seen in a complete comedy role of a police officer.
In Hollywood Film
According to the sources, Nawazuddin Siddiqui is all set to storm Hollywood with his acting chops. Director Garth Davis has apparently roped in the Gangs of Wassyepur actor for his next venture which will star Nicole Kidman. The movie is said to be an adaptation of Saroo Brierley’s book A Long Way Home. Apart from Nawaz, the film will also feature Dev Patel, Tannishtha Chatterjee and Deepti Naval.
2012 Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 1
2012 Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 2
2013 The Lunchbox
2015 Bajrangi Bhaijaan
2016 Freaky Ali
Awards and Nominations
2012 National Film Awards
2012 Zee Cine Awards
2012 Screen Awards
2012 Stardust Awards
2012 New York Indian Film Festival
2012 GQ Men of the Year Awards 2012
2012 Lions Gold Awards 2012
Some lesser known facts about Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- He was born to a Zamindari Muslim family known as Numberdars in a small town- Budhana in the Muzaffarnagar district of Uttar Pradesh.
- His father was a farmer and also has an Aara Machine.
- He is eldest of his 9 siblings.
- He has a degree in Chemistry and during his days of struggle, he worked at a Chemist shop in Vadodara.
- He moved to Delhi to pursue his acting aspirations and joined a theater group. Since there was not enough money in theaters, he worked as a watchman to make his subsistence.
- He was enrolled in the National School of Drama (NSD) and after passing out of the NSD he moved to Mumbai in 2004 to pursue his acting career further.
- While in Mumbai, Nawaz had to face one of the worst years of his struggle. He had to stay in the apartment of one of his seniors at the NSD on the condition to cook meal for him.
- He made his Bollywood debut in 1999 with a very small role in the Aamir Khan starrer film- Sarfarosh.
- Initially, he worked at the film studios and got only stereotypical roles.
- He appeared as a pickpocket in the 2003 comedy drama- Munna Bhai M.B.B.S.- starring Sunil Dutt and Sanjay Dutt.
- He tried to get work in the Television Industry but could not get success.
- He remained out of work between 2002-05 and shared a flat with 4 other people.
- In 2007, he got a role in Anurag Kashyap’s Black Friday which paved his way for other important roles.
- His 1st lead role appearance in a feature film was as a wedding singer- Chakku in Prashant Bhargav’s Patang (2007-08).
- He also appeared in a cameo role in the song- Emotional Atyachar of the 2009 movie- Dev D.
- He got recognition as an actor in the 2010 Aamir Khan Productions’- Peepli Live in which his role was of a journalist.
- In 2012, after playing the role of an Intelligence Officer in the film- Kahaani, he became a household name.
- Nawazuddin describes his role of Sonu Duggal in Ashim Ahluwalia’s- Miss Lovely as his most real performance so-far which was premiered at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival.
- His role of Faizal Khan in Anurag Kashyap’s- Gangs of Wasseypur is considered as a cult.
- He appeared in a number of films including- Talaash, Kick, Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Maajhi – The Mountain Man, etc. and his roles in these films received critical acclaims.
- At the 2015 New York Indian Film Festival, he bagged the Best Actor Award for his role in the film- Haraamkhor. Nawazuddin in Haraamkhor
- His younger brother- Shamaz Nawab Siddiqui is a film director.
- In 2015, his father died due to brain hemorrhage, he was paralyzed for a few years before passing away.
- He married Anjali at a very young age; Anjali & Nawazuddin are from the same village.
- He is a very shy person; he likes to stay quiet and away from stardom.
- He has worked with all the 3 Khans of Bollywood. (Salman- Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Aamir- Talaash & Shah Rukh- Raees).