Prabhas Raju Uppalapati aka Prabhas is an Indian film actor, who works in Tollywood. He is referred to as ‘Young Rebal Star’. He made his acting debut with 2002 film Eeshwar, but gained popularity with blockbuster film Varsham. He has received several awards for his acting and also gained a National Award. He debuted in bollywood with the movie Action Jackson. Prabhas was last seen in the superhit film Baahubali-The Beginning. With this he became one of the most searched actors on Google in Karnataka. He is also the 3rd Most Desirable Actor after Salman Khan and Hrithik Roshan.
Real Name : Prabhas Raju Uppalapati
Nickname : Prabhas
Profession : Actor
Date of Birth : 23 October 1979
Age (as in 2017) : 37 Years
Birth Place : Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
Zodiac sign : Libra
Nationality : Indian
Hometown : Tamil Nadu, India
School : DNR School, Bhimavaram
Sri Chaitanya College, Hyderabad
College : Not Known
Educational Qualifications : B.Tech
Father : Late U. Suryanarayana Raju Pragathi (Producer)
Mother- Siva Kumari
Brother- Pramod Uppalapati (Elder)
Sister- Pragathi (Elder)
Religion : Hindu
Hobbies : Playing volleyball and reading
Physical Stats & More
Height : 6′ 1″
Weight : 95 kg
– Chest: 45 Inches
– Waist: 34 inches
– Biceps: 18 Inches
Eye Color : Brown
Hair Color : Black
Film Debut: Eeshwar (2002, Telegu)
Girls, Affairs and More
Marital Status : Unmarried
Wife : N/A
Salary :25 crores/per film (INR)
Net Worth : $ 12 million
Young Rebel Star Prabhas will be seen in director Sujeeth’s upcoming action thriller film. It is being produced by Vamshi and Pramod on UV Creations banner. The macho man Prabhas will play a police officer in the film. As per the latest source, the makers are spending Rs 35 crores for a 20 minute action sequence.
2011 Mr. Perfect
2015 Baahubali: The Beginning (Part-1)
2017 Baahubali: The Conclusion (Part-2)
2017 Bhagmati (Cameo role)
2017 Sujeeth’s upcoming movie
Some Lesser Known Facts about Prabhas
- Prabhas never aspired to become an actor, instead he wanted to be a businessman.
- He is the nephew of popular Telugu film actor Uppalapati Krishnam Raju, who encouraged him to try his hand in acting
- He got his breakthrough by playing the role of Venkat in the film Varsham (2004).
- He made his first Bollywood appearance in the film Action Jackson (2014).
- It took 3 years to make his epic film Baahubali and during these 3 years, he did not acted in any other film.
- Around 1.5 crore (INR) was spent on gym equipment to tone his body for his role in Bahubali, and was trained by Mr. World 2010, Lakshman Reddy.
- He is the highest paid actor of Tollywood.
- He is the first South Indian actor to have his statue at the prestigious Madame Tussauds, Bangkok.
Updated On: 1 May 2017