Shantanu Mukherjee aka Shaan is one of the most popular singers in bollywood. Playback singer Shaan has an elongated list of hit numbers associated to his name. He has effortlessly donned the roles of a playback singer, music director, lyricist and a television show host. He was also seen in the dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa season 6. He was seen judging “The Voice India Kids” and currently is seen judging “The Voice India Season 2” on &Tv.
Real Name : Shantanu Mukherjee
Nickname : Shaan
Profession : Singer, Actor, Music Director and Anchor
Date of Birth : 30 September 1972
Age (as in 2017) : 44 Years
Birth Place : Khandwa, Madhya Pradesh, India
Zodiac sign/Sun sign : Libra
Nationality : Indian
Father : Late Manas Mukherjee (Music Director)
Mother : Sonali Mukherjee (Singer)
Brother : N/A
Sister : Sagarika Mukherjee (Elder, Singer)
Religion : Hindu
Hometown : Mumbai, Maharashtra India
Film Debut : Daman: A Victim of Marital Violence (2001)
Music Debut : Pyaar Mein Kabhi Kabhi (1999)
Physical Stats & More
Height : 5’ 9”
Weight : 70 kg
Eye Colour : Black
Hair Colour : Black
Girls, Affairs and More
Marital Status : Married
Affairs/Girlfriends : Not Known
Wife : Radhika Mukherjee
Daughter : N/A
Son : Soham and Shubh
Salary : 2-3 Lacs/song (INR)
Net Worth : Not Known
Zee Cine Award
2008 Best Playback Singer – Male …”Jab Se Tere Naina” from Saawariya (Won)
2007 Best Playback Singer – Male ….”Chand Sifarish” from Fanaa (Won)
2004 Best Playback Singer – Male …”Suno Na” from Jhankaar Beats (Won)
2008 Best Male Playback Award …”Jab Se Tere Naina” from Saawariya (Won)
2007 Best Male Playback Award…”Chand Sifarish” from Fanaa (Won)
2005 Best Male Playback Award….”Dus Bahane” from Dus (Nominated)
2002 Best Male Playback Award …”Nikamma” from Kya Dil Ne Kahan (Nominated)
2001 Best Playback Singer Male…”Koi Kahein Kehta Raahein” from Dil Chahta Hai (Nominated)
Some Lesser Known Facts about Shaan
- He hosted the shows Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L’il Champs, Star Voice of India and STAR Voice of India 2. In Music Ka Maha Muqabla, his team, Shaan’s Strikers, finished as the runners up to Shankar Mahadevan’s team.
- Before becoming a professional singer he worked at a boutique shop.
- He made his singing debut in Bollywood at the age of 17 by singing few lines in the song Kitni Hai Pyari Pyari Dosti from the film Parinda (1989).
- His hindi pop album Tandil Dil was a mega-hit, and for that he won the 2000 MTV Asia Music Award.
- He won 2 Filmfare Awards : Chand Sifarish – Fanaa (2006) and Jab se Tera Naina – Saawariya (2008).
- He is considered as one of the most popular voices for romantic as well as melodious songs and is one of the most versatile singers.
- He has sung songs of different genres like pop, sad songs, patriotic, jazz, ghazals, hip-hop, rock, and many more. He has sung songs in Konkani, Kannada, Bengali, Punjabi, Nepali, English, Hindi, Oriya, Malayalam, Telugu, Marathi and Assamese.
- In 2011, he was honoured by the New York City for his campaign against tobacco.
- He is the ambassador of Salaam Bombay NGO’s anti-tobacco campaign.
- Shaan is one of the few Indian singers who have collaborated with international singers. After working with blue for the song “One Love” and singing the theme song (“Shuruat”) for the movie The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, Shaan collaborated with Michael Learns to Rock for his album Tishnagi.
- In 2013, he participated in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 6.