We’re a result of all that we’ve experienced in our younger years, all that we’ve grown up believing and despising. And as we move on to adulthood, we realize life is nothing what we thought it’d be. There’s so much you wish you had known earlier.
All those years lost despising and discouraging yourself because the world never taught you to be at peace with yourself. Life would be so different, we’d be so much happier today had we been taught the right things while growing up.
Here are 25 things I really wish they taught me at school instead of the formula to calculate the mass of the sun or that the hypotenuse is the longest side in a right angled triangle
1. No religion is worth following if it destroys the peace between two people.
2. We’re all born different and we’re all special in our own ways. That there’s no single convention that could fit us all in. That we need to stop comparing ourselves to each other and just do our own thing.
3. People deserve respect for what they do and how they are as people, not because of their gender.
4. No job one shall ever get will make them bigger or smaller than anyone else.
5. You don’t need tags to define your sexual orientation. Love can never be unnatural, whether it is between a woman and a woman or a man and another man.
6. There’s no formula to go by. What works for others may not work for you and what works for you might not for others.
7. Your personality will always matter more than your appearance. Other people can be better looking than you but if you love yourself the way you are, there’s nobody more attractive than you.
8. Money is important for survival but some things, it can never replace. That’s it’s foolish to seek happiness in money.
9. Unpredictability is the essence of life. No matter how much you may plan it, it’ll surprise you in its own way.
10. We always have a choice. Always.
11. It’s never too late. You can always start over.
12. Marks don’t define a person’s worth. That a C grade on my report card doesn’t mean that I’m good for nothing.
13. We don’t need to be embarrassed about our eccentricities. That we need to embrace them because without them, we wouldn’t be who we are.
14.. Bullying doesn’t make you cool. Rising above by pulling someone else down is the worst form of self validation.
15. The best of knowledge comes from experiences, not books.
16. You don’t need anyone else’s validation to feel good about yourself.
17. The day you accept and embrace yourself for who you are is the day you’ll discover happiness.
18. It’s alright to be clueless, it’s alright to not know what you want to do in life. Some people find their calling early in life and for some, it takes a while. But the journey is always worth it, no matter how long or short.
19. It’s okay to break down. That crying is not a sign of weakness.
20. Failure isn’t all that bad. People learn from failures much more than they do from success.
21. A person who isn’t happy himself can never keep other people happy.
22. There is no right time to do things. This moment is all that there is.
23. No matter how much you may love them, no matter what you’ve done for them, you still can’t control the people in your life.