Before we carry on to what might ruffle a few unwanted feathers, let me put out a disclaimer. We get that art is subjective, and my shit might seems golden to the elite few. But trying to be devoid any emotion with this little piece, we feel like modern art has taken a dump. An epic level one. What I’m trying to say is if you saw this at a garage sale, you’d first laugh at it, and then get pissed off.
Here are questionable looking works of art that were sold for millions.
1. Untitled by Cy Twombly – ₹468.3 Crore
2. Orange, Red, Yellow by Mark Rothko – ₹583.1 Crore
3. Interchanged by Willem de Kooning – ₹2,013 Crore
4. No. 5 by Jackson Pollock – ₹939.4 Crore
5. Woman III by Willem de Kooning – ₹922.6 Crore
6. Onement Vi By Barnett Newman – ₹294 Crore
7. Concetto spaziale, Attese by Lucio Fontana – ₹10 Crore
8. Blood Red Mirror by Gerhard Richter – ₹7.3 Crore
9. Peinture (Le Chien) by Joan Miro – ₹14.7 Crore
10. White Fire I by Barnett Newman – ₹25.5 Crore
Yes. It’s true. This happened