These are the types of people who believe in true love and fairytales. Although sometimes seen as creepy, these people are actually idealists, and a strong believer in the power of love. Basically, these are the people who look at love as an art from. Something like calligraphy or literature that exudes beauty and idealism. When these people fall in love, they do every romantic gesture imaginable just to make their special someone happy.
So here are some of the signs you are a hopeless romantic to help you gain an insight on your own personality and love life.
1. You desire to buy him small or big gifts, cook him something special and delicious or throw him a surprise party just to see him smile from ear to ear. It really makes you happy to see him happy!
2. You would never want a guy to know that you’ve been planning your dream wedding since you were 8, and just waiting for the perfect stand-in groom to go on top of the cake, because that doesn’t exactly scream romance.
3. You may have read the Notebook, or watched 50 first dates a couple of times. As a hopeless romantic, these things fuel your love for love. They feed you with your usual idealistic and sometimes delusional views on love and relationships.
4. You love the idea of giving or perhaps receiving a romantic gift. Most of the times, you’ll prefer receiving red roses than winning the lottery or you love to pull off those scenes you’ve watched from romantic comedies and surprise your special someone.
5. Because you are a hopeless romantic, to you, almost all people become thoughtful. You loudly (and because you find it awkward to, silently) say “Awwww” when you see or experience other people’s small thoughtfulness. You might even think that your neighbor loves you just because he told you that your lawn is beautiful.
6. Though there are a lot of problems in the love lives of your close friends, you remain convinced that they are all going to end up finding the love that they are looking for because they so deserve it.
7. You get secretly kind of excited when a couple announces their engagement on Facebook, because this means you get to creep romantic photos for the next few months and appreciate all the effort they put into things like their place settings.
8. One of the telltale signs you belong in the category of hopeless romantics is that you constantly daydream about finding love and meeting your Prince Charming. Even before heading to bed, you roll around imagining all the different romantic scenarios and in a way write your own romance novel in your head, with you as the main heroine.
9. You receive butterflies whenever you’re around your crush or the one you like because you feel like you’re on cloud nine. Sometimes, you get lost just thinking about it and you only wake up when your friends shake your shoulders asking what the hell is happening to you.
10. You believe everyone has a soulmate. Soul mates are two people who are fated to be together and no matter the circumstances, they will always find a way to each other. They are each other’s one and only love.
11. You take every date very seriously because you want to give it your all. And Valentine’s Day is your absolute favorite holiday of all time. You wait for it all year.