Today we will talk about the goodness of bananas. Bananas are good to include in your diet, but did you know they work wonders on our skin in 7 different ways? Yes, bananas are packed with nutrients, vitamins, potassium and antioxidants which are extremely useful for the body and skin. So, if you are looking for a cheap yet effective way to give your hair and skin that boost and make them look beautiful, give bananas a shot!!
1. Bananas give you smooth skin: Bananas are composed of Vitamins B6 and C, which help in keeping skin moist and hydrated. You need to cut a banana into pieces and mash it up before you apply it. Add honey for extra moisture and mix it up nicely until you get a nice paste. Leave it on your skin for about 15 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water. Your skin will be velvety soft.
2. Bananas are good for clearing up your skin: Yes, we all face skin issues like blemishes, scars and acne, and we never find the perfect way to clear them up. Bananas have vitamin C which helps clear blemishes, tame acne and lighten the skin. You can make a mask by mixing bananas with a tea spoon of sugar, a tablespoon of milk and a tablespoon of oatmeal. Oatmeal and sugar are natural scrubs that will remove dead skin cells revealing beautiful looking skin.
3. Bananas heal cracked heels: We cannot go out for pedicures every time, and those creams available in the market do not seem to help much, so let’s use a natural remedy to heal those cracks! Mash two bananas and apply the paste over your feet; let it dry and wash it off after 10 minutes.
4. Bananas are great for aging skin: I’m sure everyone knew this; bananas are a great way to keep your skin looking young as they reverse the signs of aging due to the presence of nutrients and antioxidants. This mask is a great recipe. Take 2 ripe bananas and mash them up with a few drops of almond oil and a scoop of yogurt and a teaspoon of honey. Slather the paste on your skin and neck and wait for it to harden up. Wash off with lukewarm water after 10 minutes.
5. Bananas add gloss and shine to your hair: We all crave for shiny locks, but people with dry hair cannot do much about it. Worry not because bananas help in adding texture to hair and repairing hair damage. Blend a banana, one scoop of avocado with 2 tablespoons of coconut milk; this is a natural conditioner that you can use after shampooing. Let it sit on your hair for a good 8 minutes, and wash with cold water.
6. Bananas help clear dandruff: Itchy scalp and dandruff are problems that we often come across. So let’s put an end to them with the help of bananas. Apply a paste of honey and bananas to your scalp after shampooing and let it sit for a good 15 minutes. Place a shower cap over your head to let the mixture go into the roots of your hair, and wash with lukewarm water.
7. Bananas treat tired eyes and puffy skin: Yes, we all hate it, but then we have to deal with it! But you don’t need a mask for this. Just eat the banana up and the potassium in it will balance the retina fluids and electrolytes in your body. It also enhances the quality of sleep and rejuvenates the skin too. It is now like you can eat bananas to make yourself even more beautiful each day!
So what are you waiting for? Just grab a banana and work your way into beautiful skin!