Adele Laurie Blue Adkins MBE is an English singer-songwriter. Graduating from the BRIT School for Performing Arts and Technology in 2006, Adele was given a recording contract by XL Recordings after a friend posted her demo on Myspace the same year. In 2007, she received the Brit Awards “Critics’ Choice” award and won the BBC Sound of 2008 poll. Her debut album, 19, was released in 2008 to commercial and critical success. It is certified seven times platinum in the UK, and three times platinum in the US. An appearance she made on Saturday Night Live in late 2008 boosted her career in the US. At the 51st Grammy Awards in 2009, Adele received the awards for Best New Artist and Best Female Pop Vocal Performance.
Real Name : Adele Laurie Blue Adkins
Nickname : Addie
Profession : Singer, Songwriter, musician and arranger.
Date of Birth : 5 May 1988
Age (as in 2017) : 29 Years
Birth Place : Tottenham, London, England.
Zodiac sign : Taurus
Nationality : British
Hometown : West Norwood
School : BRIT School of Performing Arts and Technology (2006).
College : N/A
Educational Qualifications : High School
Father : Mark Evans
Mother : Penny Adkins (Furniture maker and an adult-learning activities organiser)
Brother : Cameron Evans (Half-Brother)
Religion : Roman Catholic
Ethnicity : English and Welsh
Fan Mail Address : Adele, XL Recordings, 1 Codrington Mews, London, W11 2EH, UK
Physical Stats & More
Height : 5’ 9”
Weight : 63 kg
Eye Colour : Green
Hair Colour : Light Brown
Debut Album : ’19’
Debut Film : Katy Perry: Part of Me (Cameo)
Boys, Affairs and More
Marital Status : Married
Husband/Spouse : Simon Konecki (2011–present),
Son : Angelo James Konecki
Net Worth : £85 million
Cars : Volkswagen Sharan, Porche Caynne and Rangerover.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Adele
- Adele’s father left when she was only 2 and left it to up to her mother to raise her.
Adele mostly just sang while growing up. The last book she read was Matilda when she was six years old.
- In 2011, she had to cancel two tours due to vocal-cord hemorrhage. She explained she need more rest to avoid permanent damage to her voice. Adele had named her Dachshund dog after Louis Armstrong because she loves classic music.
- Adele, like a Britisher, loves her tea and likes it best with 2 sugars.
- She believes in being a feminist but is not just limited to that, she said that she believes in equality regardless of gender, race or color.
- Adele has five tattoos; two on her arms, two on the wrist and one behind her ear.
- Adele was signed by XL records soon after she graduated from the BRIT School in 2006. Her friend had posted her video on My Space where the spotlight hit her.
- The very next year, in 2007, she received the ‘critic’s choice’ award at the BRIT Awards and won the BBC’s Sound of 2008 contest.
- She has been critically and commercially successful since her debut album “19”. She was 19 years old at the time and the album was certified “seven” times platinum in UK, whereas it was double platinum in the US.
- The following year, she received two Grammy Awards for The Best New Artist and the Best Female Pop Vocal Performance.
- Her album ’21’ was released after three years of her previous release. It surpassed the sales of ’19’ and was certified sixteen time platinum, making it UK’s fourth highest-selling album of all time.
- There are several records to her name in the Guinness Book of World Records in addition to her 10 Grammy Awards.
- Her song ‘Skyfall’, that she wrote and recorded for the James Bond movie of the same title, won her an Oscar, a Golden Globe and a Grammy Award for the category “Best Original Song”.
- With her three albums selling over 100 million copies, she has become one of the world’s best-selling artists.
- Her emotional performance of the song “Someone Like You” at the 2011 BRIT Awards, put her album ’19’ and ’21’ back on the top-five position on the UK Charts.
- Her album ’21’ sold 3.4 million albums in the UK, making her the highest-selling artist of the 21 st century, crossing her friend Amy Winehouse’s record for Back to Black.
- Recording her performance, called Live at the Royal Albert Hall, debuted number one on the US Billboards and the highest selling DVD since the last four years.
- Her husband Simone and Adele sued a paparazzi company for taking their son’s pictures while they were on a family holiday. They were compensated for damages as they won the case.
- She felt ungrateful for cancelling her 2008 American Tour as she wanted to spend time with an ex-boyfried. She regretted the decision later.
- The night Adele and Sarah Palin appeared on Saturday Night Live 2008, it got its highest viewership in 10 years, attracting 17 million viewers.
- She gets homesick very easily and does not like flying.
- Her throat surgery happened to be a blessing in disguise as she gained another four notes in her vocal range.
- Even if one added all the other albums on the US Billboard, Adele’s 25 would still win the total sales number. Even if you double their sales, Adele still wins!
- When she released ’25’, her previous album ’21’ climbed back to the top 10 on the charts. This is developing into pattern!
- She was 8 months pregnant when she recorded the song ‘Skyfall’
Updated on: 24 May 2017