Aditya Chopra is an Indian film director, producer, screenwriter, broadcast producer and distributor. His work as a director includes Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995), Mohabbatein (2000), Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (2008) and Befikre (2016). The Directorate of Film Festivals has awarded him the National Award for his contribution to Indian Cinema, on three separate years (1995, 2005, 2007) through the Government of India.
Real Name: Aditya Chopra
Profession: Director, Producer, Distributor, Chairman of Yash Raj Films
Date of Birth: 21 May 1971
Age (as in 2017): 45 Years
Birth Place: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Zodiac sign: Gemini
Hometown: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
School: Bombay Scottish School
College: Hassaram Rijhumal College of Commerce and Economics
Educational Qualifications: Graduate
Parents: Yash Chopra, Pamela Chopra
Physical Stats & More
Height: 5’ 9”
Weight: 84 kg
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Hair Color: Black
Directorial Debut: (1995) Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
Girls, Affairs and More
Marital Status: Married
Affairs/Girlfriends: Rani Mukerji
Wife/Spouse: Payal Khanna (m. 2001; div. 2009)
Rani Mukerji (m. 21 April 2014)
Net Worth: $970 million
Some Lesser Known Facts about Aditya Chopra
- He has one younger brother Uday Chopra, who is also a bollywood actor.
- He has three cousins Ravi Chopra, Vidhu Vinod Chopra and Karan Johar.
- At 18, Chopra intermittently assisted his dad on the Sridevi-starrer Chandni.
- Whether it’s promoting movies, attending social events or personal celebrations, the famously elusive filmmaker avoids public eye preferring to privately mingle with his set of friends, family and co-workers.
- It was ‘Adi’ who encouraged Karan Johar to take up direction and rest is history.
- Despite the stiff competition, their friendship is one of the rare, rock-solid associations in an otherwise rickety industry.
- Some of his favourite movies are Cinema Paradiso, ET, Goodfellas, Awara, Mughal-E-Azam, Deewar, Kabhi Kabhie, Chupke Chupke and Masoom.