Akkineni Nagarjuna is an Indian film actor, producer, dancer, entrepreneur and television presenter who works primarily in Telugu cinema and television. He has acted in over ninety films as an actor in a lead. He has also had supporting and cameo roles, including Bollywood and Tamil films. He has received nine state Nandi Awards, three Filmfare Awards South and a National Film Award-Special Mention. In 1996 he produced, Ninne Pelladata, which has garnered the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Telugu for that year.
Real Name: Akkineni Nagarjuna
Profession: Actor, Producer and Businessman
Date of Birth: 29 August 1959
Age (as in 2017): 57 Years
Birth Place: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Zodiac sign: Virgo
Hometown: Hyderabad, India
School: Hyderabad Public School, Hyderabad
College: The Little Flower Junior College, Hyderabad
College of Engineering, Guindy
Eastern Michigan University, Michigin, USA
Educational Qualifications: M.S. in Automobile Engineering,
Father- Nageswara Rao Akkineni (Actor and Producer)
Mother: Annapurna Akkineni
Brother: Akkineni Venkat
Sister: Akkineni Sathyavathi, Akkineni Naga Susheela and Akkineni Saroja
Hobbies: Reading and workout
Physical Stats & More
Height: 6’ 0”
Weight: 74 kg
– Chest: 40 Inches
– Waist: 34 Inches
– Biceps: 14 Inches
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Black
Girls, Affairs and More
Marital Status: Married
Affairs/Girlfriends: Amala Akkineni (Actress)
Wife: Lakshmi Ramanaidu Daggubati (1984–90)
Amala Akkineni (Actress,1992-present)
Children: Son- Naga Chaitanya and Akhil Akkineni
Salary: 7 Crore/film (INR)
Net Worth: $ 50 million
Some lesser known facts about Akkineni Nagarjuna
- In 1989, he starred in the Maniratnam-directed romantic drama film, Geetanjali, which won the National Film Award for Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment.
- In the same year, he acted in Siva, an action blockbuster directed by Ram Gopal Varma, which premiered at the 13th International Film Festival of India.
- He is also the president of the non-profit film school Annapurna International School of Film and Media based in Hyderabad.
- As of 2013, He is the co-owner of Mumbai Masters of the Indian Badminton League, along with Sunil Gavaskar, and Mahi Racing Team India, along with Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- He is one of the co-owner of the Kerala based football club Kerala Blasters.
- Nagarjuna currently endorses Kalyan Jewellers in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
- He is listed #56 and #61 in Forbes India’s top 100 Celebrities for the years 2012 and 2013 respectively.
- Nagarjuna, with his wife Amala, are the co-founders of Blue Cross of Hyderabad, a registered society recognized by the Animal Welfare Board of India.