Anushka Shetty aka Sweety Shetty is the gorgeous South Indian film actress. She made her acting debut with the Telugu film Super. She gained popularity with the blockbuster movie Vikramarkudu. Her first Kollywood movie was Rendu. Anushka has won Filmfare Award, Nandi Award, CineMAA Award and also received Kalaimamani Award for her works in Tamil industry. She was voted as Hyderabad’s Most Desirable Woman of 2015. Her portrayal of Princess Devasena in the Baahubali series gave her huge acclaim.
Real Name Sweety Shetty
Date of Birth: 7 November 1981
Age (as in 2017): 36 Years
Birth Place: Mangalore, Karnataka, India
Zodiac sign: Scorpio
Hometown: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
School: Not Known
College: Mount Carmel College, Bengaluru
Educational Qualifications: Bachelor of Computer Applications
Hobbies: Yoga and reading
Father: A.N. Vittal Shetty
Mother: Prafulla Shetty
Brother: Gunaranjan Shetty (Businessman) and Sai Ramesh Shetty (Doctor)
Physical Stats & Features
Height: 5′ 10″
Weight: 62 Kg
Figure Measurements: 34-24-34
Eye Color: Black
Hair Color: Black
Film Debut: Super (2005, Telugu)
Marital Status Unmarried
Affairs/Boyfriends Krish (Director)
Salary: 2-3 Crore/film (INR)
Net Worth: $22 million
If reports are to be believed, Anushka Shetty has demanded Rs.2 crores for an item number in Mahesh Babu starrer film Bharath Ane Nenu. According to the latest reports, she will be paired opposite Chiranjeevi in his upcoming 151 movie ‘Mahaveera’. The film will be directed by Surender Reddy and bankrolled by Ram Charan.
Bhagmati is an Indian Telugu period film, which is being written and directed by G.Ashok. It is being produced by Pramod and V. Vamsi Krishna Reddy. It features Anushka Shetty, Aadhi Pinisetty, Jayaram in lead roles. The movie will be released on 11 August 2017.
2005 Maha Nandi
2006 Rendu (tamil)
2008 Chintakayala Ravi
2008 Okka Magaadu
2013 Singam II
2015 Baahubali Part-1
Some Interesting Facts about Anushka Shetty
- Before Anushka tried her luck in the movie business, Anushka worked as a Yoga instructor. She got trained in Yoga under the renowned Bharat Thakur and after that, she started training people in Yoga professionally.
- Anushka Shetty gained around 20 kilos for her Telugu-Tamil movie ‘Size Zero’ and when the time came for shooting Bahubali: The Conclusion, the actress had to reduce all that extra weight and that too on a very short notice. Reportedly, she underwent a special weight loss therapy in the US for this.
- SS Rajamouli is one of the most brilliant directors of this age and Anushka holds the record of being the only actress who got to work twice with him. She worked with him in Vikramarkudu and now, she got to play Devasena in both the parts of Bahubali.
- For the second part of Bahubali, Anushka Shetty got a whopping amount of 5 crores. This makes her the highest earning actress of the South Indian film industry.
- Not only is she a regular Yoga practitioner, she also started her own Yoga institute. This clearly shows that she loves Yoga dearly and her trainer influenced her a lot.
- Anushka bagged the ‘Nandi Special Jury Award’ and Filmfare Best Actress Award for her power-packed performance in the movie ‘Arundhati’ that came out in the year 2009. This award is considered pretty prestigious.