Atif Aslam is a Pakistani pop singer and a film actor. As an actor he made his debut with the Pakistani film Bol by ShoMan. His interest towards singing gradually made him to stand high. As a playback singer, he started his career with the song “Wo Lamhey” for the bollywood movie “Zeher”. From then he has sang several songs both in Pakistan as well as in Indian films.
Real Name : Muhammad Atif Aslam
Nickname : Aadee
Profession : Singer, Songwriter, Actor
Date of Birth : 12 March 1983
Age (as in 2017) : 34 Years
Birth Place : Wazirabad, Punjab, Pakistan
Zodiac sign/Sun sign : Pisces
Nationality : Pakistani
Father : Muhammad Aslam
Mother : Rehana Shaheen
Brother : Shahbaz, Shahzad, Sheraz
Sister : Romana
Religion : Islam
Hometown : Lahore, Pakistan
School : Kimberley Hall School, Lahore
St. Paul’s Cambridge School, Rawalpindi
Divisional Public School, Lahore
College : Punjab Institute of Computer Science, Lahore
Educational Qualifications : Bachelor in Computer Science (BCS)
Album Debut : Jal Pari (2006)
Singing Debut : “Wo Lamhe” song from the film Zeher (2005, Bollywood)
Acting Debut : Bol (2011)
Physical Stats & More
Height : 5’ 9”
Weight : 70 kg
Eye Colour : Dark Brown
Hair Colour : Black
Hobbies : Sketching, playing cricket, travelling
Girls, Affairs and More
Marital Status : Married
Affairs/Girlfriends : Sara Bharwana (Educationist)
Wife/Spouse : Sara Bharwana (Educationist, m.2013-present)
Marriage Date : 28 March 2013
Children Son : Ahad (born in 2014)
Daughter : N/A
Salary : 9-10 lakh/song (INR)
Net Worth : $22 million
Some Lesser Known Facts about Atif Aslam
- Atif was a cricket fan from childhood. In 1st class, he took part in fancy dress show. He was even dressed as the captain of Pakistan Cricket Team “Imran Khan”.
- Atif Aslam completed his 10th grade at the age of 14 and he was youngest among his classmates in Kimberly Hall.
- Atif Aslam is the youngest Pakistani to receive “Tamgha-e-Imtiaz” (awarded for highest degree of service to the state , and for services to international diplomacy.
- Atif Aslam’s parents wanted him to become a doctor. Instead, he did computer engineering and according to him he sucked at it. His parents came to know about his singing from his friends.
- According to Atif, if he wasn’t a singer, he would have been a cricketer.
- Atif has an onstage rock star move that is “The Backward Bend”.
- Atif’s first album Jal Pari was released on 17 July 2004 when he was just 21 years old.
- Atif’s started his career in a band called Jal. But he left it because of disputes between him and Goher. Both wanted their brothers to be band manager.
- Atif Aslam loves making sketches? In an interview when he was asked about his “hidden talents” he said that he is also very good at sketching.
Updated On: 12 August 2017