Personality of A Cancer Man
Wistful, shy, and mysterious, Cancer is ruled by the Moon. He is reserved when he first meets someone new and it will take many more meetings before you can get close to him. At the first sign of overly aggressive friendliness, the crab will sidle out of sight and bury himself in the tide. Tread softly, and wait for him to open up of his own accord. Doing things by force never works with a Cancer.
It can be difficult to pick out a Cancer man from a first impression. He may be nervous and fickle one minute, then extremely confident the next. These mood shifts are influenced by the lunar phases of the moon. Transformations such as these are not indicative of a split personality like Gemini, but a changeable one. He is capable of many emotions, often one after the other, running the gamut from one end to the next.
Waving his pincers around but really using them only for self-defense, the Crab will retreat into his shell if he feels threatened. His is a sensitive soul, so handle him with care and be mindful of hurting his feelings. If the Cancer man initially appears a little crabby, sarcastic, or distant, remember that it’s just his outward persona – a smokescreen to scare off the world. Inside, he is gentle, kind, and affectionate, if you can get behind his walls.
What Does A Cancer Man Not Like In A Woman?
- The Crab is quite reserved and resents aggression of any type. He cannot function in an atmosphere of distrust and tension and will move away from any people or places who he feels threatening his peace. There are a few traits that he dislikes strongly in women:
- Party-going type – while he admires people who enjoy dancing all night long. He is not quite at home with a woman who loves partying. He’d rather curl at home with a good book or watch TV rather than spend an evening at a popular (and loud) party. He’d steer away from women who are all out extroverts.
- Possessive – Cancerians are very attached to their mother. This could be a downside for you, but it is best that you are prepared to share him with his mother. The Crab will not tolerate possessive women, who resent his closeness to his mother. You love him, you love his mother. This is the package deal.
- Anti-traditions – for the Cancer, home, community, customs and traditions are very important. These are his roots and anyone who does not understand how important these are would not be able to win his heart. The Crab is quite put off by women who don’t value traditions.
Read Also: What Does Leo Woman Not Like In A Man?
How To Seduce A Cancer Man: 5 Foolproof Tips
The sensitive and caring nature of a Cancer man will take over and they will bend over backwards to please you. However, getting past his exterior shell and to the point of love can be difficult. We have some suggestions:
1. Get past his tough exterior
Ask Cancer about his childhood or family if you want him to open up to you. Depending on the individual, you may end up hearing him rave about his mother’s cooking, reminisce about the fishing trips he took with his father, or complain about how his parents favored his older brother.
The more interest you express in his feelings, the more he will trust you and start to form an emotional bond with you.
2. Make friends and family matter
Cancer views the world in terms of interconnecting emotional webs. If you do not seem to have any of these he may find you puzzling or even a bit frightening. Establish your image with him as a warm and caring person.
Relationships which carry emotional cargo from the past have special meaning for him, so be sure to mention those. You will find that the Cancer sensitivity often creates a man with good listening skills, who will want to hear about your feelings as well as tell you what he feels.
3. Appeal to his traditional values
You’ll attract a Cancerian more easily if you make him believe that, just like him, you have a traditional approach to love. With his old-fashioned values, this man is looking for a true soul mate with whom he can settle down happily ever after, not just a one night stand. Because he needs a partner who will be loyal and faithful, he’s unlikely to fall in love with you if he suspects you’re the kind of person who plays the field. The Cancer man is attracted more by modesty and ‘niceness’ than any amount of raunchy good looks.
Renowned for his sense of romance, he loves candlelit dinners in intimate surroundings, so when the moment is right to seduce him. Don’t be afraid to ask him over to your place rather than wait for an invitation from him. Cancerian guys sometimes need a bit of a prod to get a new relationship underway.
4. Help him heal his wounds
Most Cancers have an Achilles heel, an old internal scar stemming from some past trauma. A partner who provides love and encouragement in this area of weakness will start to become emotionally indispensable to Cancer.
On the other hand, if you betray him by using your knowledge of this pain, Cancer will never forgive you. This is probably the most important thing you need to remember about how to attract a Cancer man. Do not intentionally inflict emotional pain in a hurtful way… ever.
5. Wear attractive clothes
Wear clothes that flatter your physique. Looks are important to Crabs. You have to look good enough to eat to attract his attention. But at the same time, it should be completely clean. He is attracted to women who look elegant in what they wear, without making any effort.