Who was Chester Bennington?
- Born March 1976 in Phoenix, Arizona, son of a police officer
- Performed with Phoenix post-grunge band Grey Daze 1993-98
- Joined Linkin Park in 1998; Hybrid Theory was released two years later
- Fronted the Stone Temple Pilots between 2013 and 2015
- Also performed with supergroups Dead by Sunrise and Kings of Chaos
The world is still recovering from the tragic loss of Chester Bennington’s death. Linkin Park’s frontman apparently took his own life, he was 41. Tributes have been pouring in from all over the world.
Oh dear God. Massive R.I.P to Chester Bennington of @linkinpark this BREAKS OUR HEART. Suicide is the devil on earth walking amongst us
— OneRepublic (@OneRepublic) July 20, 2017
Shocked and heartbroken, but it’s true. An official statement will come out as soon as we have one.
— Mike Shinoda (@mikeshinoda) July 20, 2017
The video was released at 9:01 AM, reportedly just minutes after Bennington’s body was discovered at a private residence in Palos Verdes Estates. Comprised of video clips from the band’s live shows, it features the band and Bennington in his element, performing and interacting with his fans.
“Talking to Myself” is the third track from the band’s seventh studio album “One More Light.”