Chester Bennington was an American singer and songwriter best known as the frontman for the rock band Linkin Park. He was also the lead singer for Dead by Sunrise and fronted Stone Temple Pilots from 2013 to 2015. Bennington first gained prominence as a vocalist following the release of Linkin Park’s debut album, Hybrid Theory, in 2000, which became a commercial success. The album was certified Diamond by the Recording Industry Association of America in 2005, making it the best-selling debut album of the decade, as well as one of the few albums to ever hit that many sales. Linkin Park’s following studio albums, Meteora (2003), Minutes to Midnight (2007), A Thousand Suns (2010), Living Things (2012), The Hunting Party (2014), and One More Light (2017) continued the band’s success.
Real Name: Chester Charles Bennington
Nickname: Chaz, The Chemist, Chazy Chaz
Profession: Singer, Songwriter
Date of Birth: 20 March 1976
Date of Death: 20 July 2017
Place of Death: Palos Verdes Estates, California, USA
Death Cause: Suicide (by hanging)
Age (as in 2017) 41 Years
Birth Place: Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Zodiac sign: Pisces
Hometown: Phoenix, Arizona, USA
School: Centennial High School
College: Not Known
Educational Qualifications: Not Known
Physical Stats & More
Height: 5’ 10”
Weight: 65 kg
– Chest: 39 Inches
– Waist: 30 Inches
– Biceps: 12 Inches
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Hair Color: Black
Album: Hybrid Theory (2000)
Film: Crank (2006)
Favorite Musicians/Bands: Depeche Mode, Stone Temple Pilots, Radiohead
Favorite Songs: “Big Empty” by Stone Temple Pilots, “Karma Police” by Radiohead, “Faust Arp” by Radiohead, “In Da Club” by 50 Cent, “Limo Wreck” by Soundgarden, “You’re Nobody Till Somebody Loves You” by Dean Martin
Favorite Films: Saw, Nightmare on Elm Street series, Hellraiser, Psycho, House of 1,000 Corpses
Girls, Affairs and More
Marital Status: Married
Affairs/Girlfriends: Elka Brand
Wife/Spouse: Samantha Olit (m.1996-div.2005)
Talinda Bentley (m.2006-till his death in 2017)
Children: Sons- Jaime Bennington (with his former girlfriend Elka Brand), Draven Sebastian Bennington (with his first wife Samantha Marie Olit), Tyler Lee Bennington, Isaiah Bennington (adopted)
Daughters- Lila Bennington, Lily Bennington
Car Collection: Porsche Panamera
Net Worth: $30 million
Some Lesser Known Facts About Chester Bennington
- From the age of 7 to 13, he faced molestation from an older male friend.
- He was physically bullied in high school due to his skinny body and different looks.
- After the separation of his parents, he started consuming marijuana, alcohol, opium, cocaine, methamphetamine, and LSD.
- At the age of 17, he started living with his mother who had banned him from leaving the house due to drug activity, which he eventually overcome later.
- In 1993, he joined up as the lead singer of the local band ‘Grey Daze’ and later left the band in the late 90s over creative differences.
- In 1996, he worked at the ‘Burger King.’
- He then moved to Los Angeles and became the part of the rock band ‘Linkin Park’ in 1999. The band initially wanted the name “Lincoln Park”, however, they changed it to “Linkin” as they couldn’t afford the domain name “lincolnpark.com”.Chester Bennington – Linkin Park
- Apart from Linkin Park, he had a side band called ‘Dead by Sunrise’ which was formally known as ‘Snow White Tan.’
- On 20 July 2017, at around 9:00 a.m., he was found hanged at his home in Palos Verdes Estates, California, USA. Coincidently, he died on the 53rd birthday of his close friend, Chris Cornell, who had also died of suicide by hanging two months prior to his death on 17 May 2017.