Deepika Padukone is a stunning Indian actress and a model who is well known for her presence in Bollywood. Her talent made her to rope into the industry, even without any godfather. She has established herself as one of the top actress of B-town. She made her acting debut in 2006 Kannada film Aishwarya and later played the lead role in the movie “Om Shanti Om” opposite Shahrukh Khan, which proved a major commercial success and earned her the Filmfare Award for the “Best Female Debut”. She has made her debut in hollywood with the flick xXx: The Return of Xander Cage. L’oreal Paris brand ambassador Deepika Padukone has made her debut on the red carpet at 70th Festival De Cannes.
Real Name: Deepika Padukone
Date of Birth: 5 January 1986
Age (as in 2018): 32 Years
Birth Place: Copenhagen, Denmark
Zodiac sign: Capricorn
Hometown: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
School: Sophia High School, Bengaluru
Mount Carmel College, Bengaluru
College: Indira Gandhi National Open University (discontinued later because of her modelling career)
Educational Qualifications: High School
Hobbies Dancing, Reading books, playing Badminton
Father- Prakash Padukone (former International level badminton player)
Mother- Ujjala Padukone (worked as a travel agent)
Sister- Anisha Padukone (younger, golfer)
Physical Stats & Features
Weight: 58 Kg
Figure Measurements: 34-26-36
Eye Color: Black
Hair Color: Brown
Kannada: Aishwarya (2006)
Hindi (Bollywood): Om Shanti Om (2007)
Favourite Food: South Indian Cuisine
Favourite Film: Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, The Color of Paradise, Cinderella Man
Favourite Color: White, Mauve
Favourite Destination: France
Favourite Sport: Badminton
Marital Status: Unmarried
Salary: Price per film: 15 Crores (INR)
Net Worth: $8 Million
Also, Deepika is set to romance Irrfan Khan once again for an upcoming Vishal Bhardwaj‘s film. In this yet to be titled film, she will play the role as Sapna Didi, who is a mafia queen, opposite a local don roped by Irrfan. The film is based on Hussain Zaidi’s book, ‘Mafia Queens of Mumbai’. The film will be produced by Vishal and directed by debutant Honey Trehan. It is expected to go on the floors by the year-end.
Some Interesting Facts about Deepika Padukone
- Deepika was born in Copenhagen, Denmark on January 5, 1986, and later moved to Bengaluru with her family when she was 11 months old.
- Daughter of ace badminton player Prakash Padukone, Deepika played badminton on national level. However, not everyone is aware that she was also a state-level baseball player.
- She worked as a freelance writer for the print media, Hindustan Times about lifestyle.
- She got her acting classes from none other than the veteran actor Anupam Kher himself.
- Farah Khan spotted Deepika in a song, and decided to cast her in Om Shanti Om which became a block buster and made her star over night.
- She made her first cat walk when she was 17 year old and she got interesting offers and she discontinued her graduation for the modelling career.
- Deepika was supposed to make her debut with Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Saawariya. But Bhansali decided to go with the ‘star children’ formula, and replaced her with Sonam Kapoor. Ultimately, Deepika’s debut film released on the same day as Saawariya, and Om Shanti Om turned out to be WAY more successful.
- For the movie Chandni Chowk to China, Deepika mastered a Japanese martial art form—Jujutsu—-and performed all the stunts herself, without a body double.
- In 2013 Deepika made a record when her movies did business of over Rs. 500cr. In 2013 she worked in Race 2, Yeh jawaani hai Deewani, Chennai express and Ram leela.
- She became the highest paid actress of Bollywood in 2016 after the grand success of her film Bajirao Mastani.