As you make sound, positive changes to the way your body looks and feels, it just makes sense that you might need to enhance the presence of your body’s biggest organ, your skin. Stretch marks are a typical concern, brought about by fast change in skin development because of pregnancy or unnecessary weight put on or weight reduction. Despite the fact that they give off an impression of being on the top layer of our skin, stretch imprints are really in the center layer. This is the thing that makes them hard to evacuate with topical treatment alone. In any case, we’ve found out around a DIY clean that may influence tissues underneath the surface, for genuine change.
Coffee has been gaining ground for its beneficial skincare properties. Hashtag coffeescrub on Instagram and you’ll see a new trend that is helping to soothe many common skin frustrations. This DIY scrub has two simple, everyday ingredients that are probably already in your kitchen. Like any treatment, it takes time to see results, so be patient. One bonus? Do this scrub early in the morning, and the aroma of the coffee will wake you up and start your day off strong! Get to scrubbin’!
Ingredients & Why They Work:
Caffeine in coffee, when directly applied to the skin, stimulates blood flow and circulation. It helps with cell regeneration. The ground coffee’s texture is an exfoliant which removes dead cells and loose skin, giving new skin cells an opportunity to receive proper moisture, in this case from the next ingredient.
Olive oil moisturizes, washes down, and protect the skin. Above all, it enters the skin to work on various skin layers. Stretch marks are situated underneath the surface of our skin’s external layers, and we have to infiltrate that surface to get to where the genuine skin harm is.
1. Ideally, your skin should be clean prior to applying the scrub for the best results. If you’re using coffee grounds from your machine you’re all set on the first step. If you’re using coffee straight from the package, depending on how big the affected area is, pour an adequate amount into a small bowl or container and add enough warm water to moisten the coffee but not drown it.
2. Blend olive oil with the coffee until it has a paste-like consistency. Ideally, the end mix should produce a paste that can stay on your skin for an extended period of time.
3. Once the glue is prepared, delicately rub it into the area where the stretch marks are available. Apply it on the skin around the area too. Light and tender rubs for around 3-5 minutes.
4. Once the paste is applied, leave it on for 20 minutes.
5. After 20 minutes, grab a damp, non-abrasive cloth to wipe away the mixture from your skin.
6. To help your stretch marks fade, the skin around them will need to be well moisturized. Apply a moisturizing lotion once or twice a day during your coffee grounds treatment. Cocoa butter is another moisturizing agent that is reputed to help combat stretch marks.
7. This scrub should be repeated once a day until you see a noticeable difference in the area. Different peoples’ skin is different, and depending on the severity of the stretchmarks, some fading can take longer than others. Be patient!
8. If you don’t want to make the scrub daily, you can put the ingredients in an air-tight container to use whenever you need. Store at room temperature.