Farhan Akhtar is an Indian film director, screenwriter, producer, actor, playback singer, lyricist and television host. Born in Mumbai to screenwriters Javed Akhtar and Honey Irani, he grew up under the influence of the Hindi film industry. He began his career in Bollywood by working as an assistant director in Lamhe (1991) and Himalay Putra (1997). He has made his Marathi debut with the film ‘Por Bazaar’.
Real Name: Farhan Akhtar
Profession: Actor, Producer, Director, Screenwriter, Singer
Date of Birth: 9 January 1974
Age (as in 2017): 43 Years
Birth Place: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Zodiac sign: Capricorn
Residence: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
School: Maneckji Cooper School, Mumbai
College: H.R. College of Commerce and Economics (he was dismissed from the college in 2nd year due to attendance shortage)
Educational Qualifications: High School
Hobbies: Collecting gadgets, Singing
Physical Stats & Features
Height: 5’ 9”
Weight: 68 kg
– Chest: 41 Inches
– Waist: 30 Inches
– Biceps: 14 Inches
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Hair Color: Black
Father: Javed Akhtar (lyricist and scriptwriter)
Mother: Honey Irani (Actress & screenwriter, Farhan’s mother by birth), Shabana Azmi (stepmother)
Sister: Zoya Akhtar (elder, director & screenwriter)
As a Director: Dil Chahta Hai (2001)
As an Actor: Rock On!! (2008)
Marital Status: Divorced
Affairs/Girlfriends: Adhuna Bhaabani
Wife: Adhuna Bhaabani (m. 2000; div. 2016)
Sanjay Dutt has signed his next film which will be produced by Ajay Devgn. The film will see Farhan Akhtar alongside Sanjay for the first time. The film will be directed by Nishikant Kamat. Director Mohit Suri is all set to get back Shraddha Kapoor and Farhan Akhtar. The film will have a boxing backdrop and Farhan will be seen in a two different roles, one as a son and other as a father to a young kid.
Farhan Akhtar has roped in for Ashutosh Gowariker’s upcoming thriller movie tentatively titled as ‘Honeymoon’. Buzz is that, actress Disha Patani will play the female lead role. The movie will be based on a newly married couple and is set to go on floors soon.
As per the latest reports, Diana Penty has been approached to play the leading lady in Nikkhil Advani’s Lucknow Central. Directed by debutant Ranjit Tiwari, the movie stars Farhan Akhtar and is set to release on September 15, 2017.
Some Interesting Facts about Farhan Akhtar
- Farhan wrote ‘Dil Chahta Hai’ when his mother threatened to throw him out of the house if he didn’t do something with his life. He considers his mother as his strongest critic.
- Farhan Akhtar has borderline Obsessive-compulsive disorder. It irritates him if his things are not in the proper place and he finds it difficult to concentrate when he feels everything in the room is not at the correct position.
- Farhan finds his inspiration in Hollywood legend, Robert Di Nero.
- Post college, Farhan refused to work for a long time. In fact, he spent two years just watching films, day in and day out on VHS. He called it his film school course for two years.
- he made Lakshya (2004) and had his Hollywood debut through the soundtrack of Bride and Prejudice (2004), for which he wrote the lyrics.
- Although he initially started his acting career with “The Fakir of Venice”, his official debut was with Rock On!! (2008), for which he won a second National Award for Best Feature Film in Hindi as producer, and indulged in further experimentation before he wrote the dialogues, produced and acted for the critical and commercial success Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (2011), which won him two Filmfare Awards, including Best Supporting Actor.