Tomorrow is the ‘Day’, aka Karva Chauth wherein all the married ladies, including us, will make decking up in festive clothes or to be specific, bridal clothes, their sole purpose in life. While we are it, why not try something different?
In addition to following every ritual of Karva Chauth with sincerity, women also need to ensure that their appearance is perfect from head to toe. So, if you need some tips to spice up your look for Karva Chauth this year, check these out.
The ceremony begins with fast. Before dawn, the married women eat sargi (food given by their mothers-in law). They do not eat during the day, and some do not consume even water. Later in the evening, a women-only ceremony is held.
The participants flaunt their fine clothing, jewellery and henna. In states like Uttar Pradesh, women sit in a circle with their puja thalis and then a version of the story of Karwa Chauth is narrated, with regular pauses.
1. Pick the best outfit
Karva Chauth is all about looking and feeling good. While the fast takes care of the latter, the former is taken care of by the right outfit. So, it is important to decide your outfit with proper accessories too. The quintessential traditional saree will work wonders for your look on this auspicious day. For women, who want to stay traditional yet modern, opt for an Indo-western outfit like a dhoti saree.
2. Beauty regime
It is very important to resort to beauty treatments that are tried and tested by you, that will enhance the glow of your skin. Get facials that suit your skin type, and make sure to get it done at least three days before Karva Chauth to get the glow. All other treatments, like waxing, pedicure, and manicure should be done before you go for mehendi application or the final makeup.
Read Also: Makeup Trends You Need to Add Your Beauty
3. Experiment with care
Cosmetic treatments, new hair colour or style, or nail art, should be tried a few days before this auspicious day. This will give you ample time for rectification in case of any goof-ups.
Some additional tips
Here are a few more tips, apart from the ones given above, to look your best this Karva Chauth-
- Nail art over mehendi can pep up the look of your mehendi adorned hands.
Read Also: 13 Amazing Ideas For Nail Decoration
- Go for stylish braids, or if you are planning to knot your hair in a bun, fancy juda pins can make your hairstyle look elegant. You can experiment with few side decorative matching hair pins too if you have short hair. Soft curls or waves will also look good with your attire.
- Ditch the maroons and reds this year, and opt for other colours that are trending presently. You can try anything from the hot picks of this season, like glacier grey, aquamarine blue, lucite green, or toasty almond.
- To give a dramatic look to your eyes, you can also opt for winged eyeliners to give your makeup a finishing touch.
Read Also: HOW TO APPLY MASCARA PERFECTLY
- Do not miss the mangalsutra, bangles, sindoor and bindi to complete your look.