Indra Nooyi is an Indian American business executive and the current Chairperson and Chief Executive Officer of PepsiCo, the second largest food and beverage business in the world by net revenue. She has consistently ranked among the World’s 100 Most Powerful Women. In 2014, she was ranked at #13 on the list of Forbes World’s 100 most powerful women, and was ranked the 82nd most powerful woman on the Fortune list in 2016.
Real Name: Indra Krishnamurthy Nooyi
Nickname: Indra Nooyi
Profession/Occupation: Business Executive
Date of Birth: 28 October 1955
Age (as in 2017): 61 Years
Birth Place: Madras (now Chennai), Madras State, India
Zodiac sign: Scorpio
Hometown: Madras (now Chennai), India (lives in Greenwich, Connecticut, USA)
School: Holy Angels Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School, Madras (now Chennai), India
College/University: The Madras Christian College (MCC), Tambaram, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, Joka, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
The Yale School of Management, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Educational Qualifications: B.S. from Madras Christian College in 1974
P.G.D.M. from IIM Calcutta in 1977
M.A. from Yale School of Management in 1978
Hobbies; Reading, Playing Guitar
Physical Stats & More
Height: 5’ 9”
Weight: 62 kg
Figure Measurements: 33-28-36
Eye Color: Black
Hair Color: Black
Favourite Books: The Road to Character by David Brooks
Favourite Sports: Cricket
Boys, Affairs and More
Marital Status: Married on 8 March 1985
Affairs/Boyfriends: Not Known
Husband: Raj K. Nooyi
Children: Sons- N/A
Daughters- Tara Nooyi, Preetha Nooyi
Salary $18.6 million (as in 2014)
Net Worth $144 million (as in December 2014)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Indra Nooyi
- She was born in a conservative Tamil family in Madras (now Chennai) in the State of Tamil Nadu in India.
- Her father was an employee of State Bank of Hyderabad.
- Her grandfather was a Civil Judge.
- She was raised by her mother along with her sister and in an interview, she revealed that every night at the dinner table, her mother asked them to write a speech about what we would do if we were Chief Minister, Prime Minister or President.
- In her childhood, she was a rebellious young girl and was known to be “wild”.
- She has been a member of the All-Girls Cricket Team.
- She also used to play guitar in a band.
- While studying at the Yale University, she worked as a receptionist from midnight till sunrise.
- Indra Nooyi’s 1st job was with Mettur Beardsell, Ltd, which was a British Textile Company and after that she worked as the Product Manager at the Johnson & Johnson.
- She also worked at the Boston Consulting Group for 6 months.
- From 1986 to 1990, she worked as the Vice President of Motorola.
- Indra Nooyi joined PepsiCo in the year 1994 and became its president and CFO in 2001.
- She led the acquisition of Tropicana in 1998.
- She was appointed the 5th CEO of PepsiCo in 2006.
- In 2007, Indian Government honored her with Padma Bhushan.
- In 2014, Forbes ranked her 13 in World’s 100 Most Powerful Women. indra-nooyi-on-forbes
- She is a pure vegetarian.