The lady with power and charisma is Jayalalitha Jayaram, who has loyal followers that only a few countable political celebrities in India possess. The actress turned politician is in trending news these days as she is convicted in an 18-year-old disproportionate assets case which was filed in 1996 by Dr. Subramaniam Swamy. She is believed to have assets worth Rs 66.65 crores which includes 2,000 acres of land, 30 kg of gold and 12,000 saris. These are some of the facts which any newspaper or a website would assist you in; however, some facts about the former beauty Jayalalitha J are rarely discovered.
1. Jayalalitha learnt Bharatnatyam when she was just 3.
2. She was forced to join the Tamil Films by her actress mother Sandhya (Real Name-Vedavathi) at the age of 15.
3. Her first movie was rated ‘Adults only’, but the irony is she could not watch her own debut movie in theaters because she was not an adult!
4. She was the first Tamil actress to do this for a song – she wore sleeveless blouses and drenched under a waterfall!
5. Her first debut role in the ‘A’ grade movie was a young widow. How inappropriate debut role it was for a girl who topped in state in Matriculate exam!
6. During her movie career, she fell in love with already married actor Shoban Babu. She was caught watching him through binoculars from her residence. Great love it was, but she never got married!
7. Marudhur Gopalan Ramachandran, popularly known as MGR, an Indian Tamil film actor, director, producer, and politician, who also served as the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu successively for three terms, not only did dozens of hit movies with Jayalalitha, but also introduced her into politics.
8. Jayalalitha is a great reader of English books, she carries some of them whenever she travels.
9. Not only she governs, but she is a good writer in Tamil – has authored at least one novel. She was a regular writer in the yesteryear Tamil weekly by name “Thai”.
11. Jayalalitha financially helped a young gardener to pursue his studies, he scored very well in 10th standard, but quit on money issues. He completed his studies in a reputed Engineering college in Madurai with specification in Computer Science.
Today, he is working for Amazon (One of the world’s best company with revenue US $ 24.509 billion (2009)).