Karisma Kapoor is an Indian actress, who appears in Hindi films. One of the most popular and highest-paid actresses of India, Kapoor is particularly known for her work in the female-centric films and her film roles have been credited as a significant departure from the traditional portrayal of women in Hindi films. Kapoor is often regarded as the nation’s most beautiful actress, and is the recipient of several accolades, including a National Film Award and four Filmfare Awards.
Real Name: Karisma Kapoor
Date of Birth: 25 June 1974
Age (as in 2017): 43 Years
Birth Place: Maharashtra, Mumbai, India
Zodiac sign: Cancer
Hometown: Maharashtra, Mumbai, India
School: The Cathedral & John Connon School, Mumbai
College: Sophia College, Mumbai
Educational Qualifications: Dropout
Father- Randhir Kapoor (Actor)
Mother– Babita (Actress)
Sister– Kareena Kapoor (Actress)
Hobbies: Power yoga and swimming
Physical Stats & More
Height: 5′ 4″
Weigh: 53 Kg
Figure Measurements: 35-24-34
Eye Color: Light Blue
Hair Color: Black
Film: Prem Qaidi (1991)
Favourite Food: Cakes, fried chips and biryani
Favourite Actress: Nargis and Meena Kumari
Favourite Destination: London and Paris
Favourite Perfume: Romance by Ralph Lauren
Boys, Affairs and More
Marital Status: Divorced
Husband: Sanjay Kapur (2003–2014) (Businessman)
Daughter– Samiera Kapoor
Son– Kiaan Raj Kapoor
Net Worth: $12 million
Some lesser known facts about Karisma Kapoor
- Karishma Kapoor is the biggest single share holder of BabyOye.com.
- She turned down various famous roles like Juhi Chawla’s role in Ishq, Manisha Koirala’s role in Gupt, Kareena Kapoor’s role in Asoka The Great and Aishwarya Rai’s role in Bride and Prejudice.
- She has won a National Film Award and 4 Filmfare Awards and 2 IIFA Awards.
- Her nickname “Lolo” was taken from Hollywood actress “Gina Lollobrigida.”
- She received the role of Nisha in “Dil To Pagal Hai” after the chain of rejections from Raveena Tandon, Juhi Chawla, Kajol, Manisha Koirala and Shilpa Shetty.
- Blockbuster “Raja Hindustani” was suppose to be the debut film of Aishwarya Rai, but somehow this role went into her.