Kannanur Lokesh Rahul commonly known as KL Rahul and also as Lokesh Rahul, is an Indian cricketer who plays as a right-handed batsman and occasional wicket-keeper. He plays for India internationally, Karnataka in domestic cricket and the Kings XI Punjab in the Indian Premier League. He holds the record for the fastest 50 in the history of IPL off 14 balls against Delhi Daredevils.
Real Name: Kannur Lokesh Rahul
Profession: Indian Cricketer (Batsman and Wicket-keeper)
Date of Birth: 18 April 1992
Age (as in 2016): 24 Years
Birth Place: Mangalore, Karnataka, India
Zodiac sign: Aries
Hometown: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
School: NITK English Medium School, Surathkal
College: Sri Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain College, Bengaluru
Educational Qualifications: Bachelor of Commerce
Hobbies: Having tattoos, playing tennis and listening music
Physical Stats & Features
Height: 5’ 11”
Weight: 74 kg
– Chest: 40 Inches
– Waist: 32 Inches
– Biceps: 13 Inches
Eye Color: Black
Hair Color: Black
International Debut Test- 26 December 2014 vs Australia in Melbourne
Likes to play against: Pakistan and Australia
Favourite Shot: Cover drive
Records (main ones)
• 2nd ever cricket player from Mangalore to play for Indian Test team, after Budhi Kunderan.
• First ever Karnataka batsman to hit a score a triple century in domestic cricket (337 runs) against Uttar Pradesh in 2015.
Father– KN Lokesh (Dean)
Mother– Rajeshwari (Professor)
Sister– Bhavna (Younger)
Marital Status: Unmarried
Affairs/Girlfriends: Not Known
Some Interesting Facts about KL Rahul
- He was named in the 15-man squad to tour Zimbabwe in 2016.
- He was dismissed for a duck, the first time an India batsman has been out first ball in a T20I match.
- Lokesh Rahul set the record for the fastest batsman to have scored centuries in all three formats in just 20 innings surpassing the record of Ahmed Shehzad who took 76 innings.
- He is the first player in T20I history to score a century when batting at number 4 position or lower (110*).