Leonardo DiCaprio is an American actor, film producer, and environmental activist. DiCaprio began his career by appearing in television commercials in the early 1990s, after which he had recurring roles in various television series such as the soap opera Santa Barbara and the sitcom Growing Pains. He began his film career by starring as Josh in Critters 3 (1991). He starred in the film adaptation of the memoir This Boy’s Life (1993), and was praised for his supporting role in What’s Eating Gilbert Grape
Real Name: Leonardo Wilhelm DiCaprio
Nickname: Leo, Lenny D
Profession: Actor and Film Producer
Date of Birth: November 11, 1974
Age (as in 2016): 42 Years
Birth Place: Hollywood, California
Zodiac sign: Scorpio
Hometown: Los Angeles, California
School: Seeds Elementary School (now UCLA Lab School), Los Angeles, California,
John Marshall High School, Los Angeles, California,
Los Angeles Center for Enriched Studies, Los Angeles, California
Educational Qualifications: General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
Father- George DiCaprio (writer)
Mother- Irmelin Indenbirken, Peggy Farrar (step mother)
Brothers- Adam Farrar (step brother)
Hobbies: Collecting Action Figures, Playing Video Games
Physical Stats & More
Height: 6’ 0”
Weight: 75 kg
– Chest: 42 Inches
– Waist: 34 Inches
– Biceps: 14 Inches
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Blonde
TV Debut- The New Lassie (1989)
Film Debut- Critters 3 (1991, science fiction horror comedy film)
Favourite Food: Pasta, Lemonade
Favourite Actor: Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, & Jack Nicholson
Favourite Actress: Meg Ryan, Meryl Streep
Favourite Color: Green, Black
Favourite Book: “The Old Man and the Sea” by Ernest Hemmingway
Favourite Movie: The Bicycle Thief, Taxi Driver, 8 ½ Women, 2001: A Space Odyssey, East of Eden
Girls, Affairs and More
Marital Status: Unmarried
Affairs/Girlfriends: Kelly Rohrbach
Net Worth: $216.8 million
Some Lesser Known Facts About Leonardo DiCaprio
- The reason he earned the name Leonardo is that first time his pregnant mother felt him kick when she was standing in front of a painting by Leonardo da Vinci.
- His father was a comic book dealer.
- At the age of 10, he was advised to change his name something more familiar to American.
- He was nominated for the best supporting actor at the Academy Awards for his 1994 movie “What’s Eating Gilbert Grape” and became the 7th youngest actor to ever be nominated at the age of 19.
- He donated a room full of computers (built on the site of his childhood home) to the new Los Feliz Library in 1998.
- Leonardo DiCaprio initially refused to act in Titanic but later he was encouraged by James Cameron to play the role of Jack Dawson.
- In the year 1998, People Magazine chose him as one of the “50 most beautiful people in the world.”
- In 2004 US presidential election, he openly supported John Kerry.
- He gave $2300 to Barack Obama’s campaign for 2008 US presidential election, the maximum amount an individual can give during an election.
- He adopted a South African baby girl while filming Blood Diamonds in South Africa.
- He is a dedicated environmentalist and is known world-over for his charities and works related with environment.
- In 1998, at the age of 24, following the success of Titanic he established the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation, a non-profit organization to promote environmental awareness.
- Flemish chick-rock band, K3, wrote a song for him titled “I’m in Love with Leonardo DiCaprio”.
- After being nominated for six times (five for best Actor and one for producer), he won the Best Actor Academy Award for for his 2016 film “The Revenant”.