Deliciously smooth and creamy, this custard apple kheer is one of the most comforting desserts. The combination of milky and fruity flavours is extremely soothing in this Sitafal Phirni. Milk is thickened with rice flour is flavoured with custard apple pulp and refrigerated to enhance the flavour and get the perfect consistency.
Prep Time : 11-15 minutes
Cook time : 51-60 minutes
Serve : 4
- Custard apple (sitaphal) 3 medium
- 4 tsp Rice soaked
- Milk 5 cups
- 100 gm jaggery
- 2 tsp Rice soaked and ground
- 1 tsp Green cardamom powder
- Pistachios blanched and sliced 8-12
- 3-4 cups water
Steps of Instructions:
- Wash & peel the custard apple, separating the seeds and pulp.
- Discard the seeds and store the pulp in refrigerated condition.
- In a pressure cooker, place the roasted green gram and add 3 cups water, cook it till soft. (3 whistles)
- Heat milk in a pan. Add rice and cook stirring from time to time. Add jaggery, cook till the jaggery melts and till the rice is almost done. Add ground rice and cook stirring continuously. Add green cardamom powder.
- When sufficiently thickened, take it off the heat and set it aside to cool a little.
- Add the cooked green gram & custard apple pulp to the jaggery mixture mix well, add coconut milk. Bring to a boil.
- Garnish with pistachios nuts serve chilled.