It seems to me like this ultimate pasta pairing is indisputably tasty and that there is no way to improve upon it. Unless, that is, you were to add cheese into the mix!
You heard that right, cheesy breadsticks combine the warm fluffiness of bread with melty cheese — they are basically one degree away from being pizzas! These beefed-up breadsticks are perfect for a fun summer gathering, or for a game day! So if your mouth is watering by the mere mention of melty cheese, then go to your kitchen and make this tasty and delicious recipe. Here we go…
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Prep Time: 2 hours
- 1 tsp. instant dry yeast
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 4 1/2 cups bread flour
- 3 Tbsps. olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese in block form, cut into 1-inch pieces
Steps of Instructions:
- Add instant dry yeast, salt, and warm water to a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- With a hand mixer, slowly add in the bread flour in sections.
- Once a dough has been combined, knead it into a ball.
- Place it back in the bowl, cover, and let it rest in a warm place for 60 minutes.
- While the dough is resting, combine the olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Set aside after it has been combined.
- Take the dough from the bowl, fold it in half, and let it rest for another 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 12 pieces.
- Flatten the dough balls and sprinkle a bit of water on to make them sticky.
- Place a square of mozzarella lengthwise in the center of the dough. Wrap the dough around the cheese and pinch the dough seam to seal it in.
- Cover the cheese-stuffed dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet and let rise for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425 °F.
- Brush the dough with the olive oil mixture and place in the oven for 22 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, cool slightly, and enjoy the warm, cheesy breadsticks!