If you are on the hunt for ways to get the people in your life to eat more veggies, look no further. These crispy fritters taste like you’re eating something naughty but they’re packed with healthy vegetables.
And now, if you have 25 minutes and a handful of pantry and fridge staples, you have the easiest and tastiest way to eat your veggies: Quick and Crispy Vegetable Fritters
Indian style veg fritters recipe
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Ingredients (250 ml cup used)
- ⅛ cup gram flour
- ⅛ cup jowar flour
- ⅛ cup bajra flour
- ⅛ cup wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons ragi flour
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 2 tablespoons rava
- 1 cup mixed vegetables finely chopped (carrots, zucchini, onions, bell peppers)
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
You can add or leave any flour as per your preference too.
How to prepare the recipe
- Take all the flours in a mixing bowl.
- Add chopped veggies and mix well.
- Add crushed ginger garlic, chopped cilantro leaves, cumin powder and salt. Add just ¼ cup water and make a thick pan cake like batter. The batter should not be runny. It should be scoop-able by hand or spoon. There is no need for any baking soda or fruit salt here.
- Heat a tava or pan and grease with few drops of oil in all moulds.
- Spoon in the prepared batter once the pan is hot. Again add just few drops of oil in each mould on the spooned batter. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Flip each fritter and cook for 2-3 minutes. Cooking takes time as we are doing it in medium flame with less oil. Cook flipping frequently till the fritters are golden brown and well cooked.
- Repeat the same with remaining batter. Serve veg fritters hot.