Healthy, gluten-free, flour-based cookies sure to satisfy all your cravings. And the best part? These cookies are high on fiber thanks to peanut butter and banana. These cookies are easy to make! The cookies are soft, thick, puffy, and will melt in your mouth. They are not hard or crunchy like traditional peanut butter cookies.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
You can use either smooth or crunchy peanut butter for this recipe. Smooth peanut butter will give you a smoother consistency. Crunchy will give you some bits of peanuts throughout the cookie. You can chill the dough, it does help the cookies to keep their shape if the dough is completely chilled, which it should be by the 3 hour mark.
- ½ cup of peanut butter
- ⅓ cup of mashed banana
- 4 tbsp of butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 3 of cup flour
- 1 ½ of cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white sugar
Step of Instructions:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit, and lightly grease the baking sheets.
- Beat the butter until creamy, 2 minutes. Add sugar, beat for 2 more minutes.
- Add the mashed banana and melted butter and whisk until the mixture is well blended. Use your whisk to beat in the egg, then add vanilla essence.
- Whisk dry ingredients, stir into sugar butter mixture: Vigorously whisk together the dry ingredients—the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt—in a separate bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the sugar butter mixture.
- Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Shape the dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Place the balls of dough about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten in crisscross pattern with a fork.
- Bake at 325°F until light brown, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool in their baking sheets for a minute.
- After a minute, transfer the cookies to a rack to cool completely.