Is it accurate to say that you are wearing a yellow gown for a cousin’s wedding and are puzzled on the most proficient method to do your makeup? No outfit is finished without the right cosmetics. Knowing what eye makeup goes with a yellow dress can be frustrating. There are many color possibilities to choose from, so pick the one that goes best with your own coloring and style. There are various thoughts that you can actualize to make your features pop and radiate through cosmetics and dress. Some of them are portrayed below.
Get ready to look like a glam doll by creating your personalized makeup for yellow dress!
Makeup that is fresh, light and breezy when wearing a yellow prom dress or summer dress. Think makeup you would want to wear on a bright, sunny, spring day. The makeup you choose should be fresh and natural looking…a style that truly allows your inner beauty to shine through. Since you’ll be going for a flawless and natural look, you’ll need some specific tools on hand to help you achieve it. The base makeup with yellow dress should be natural and muted. Do not try to outshine the colour of your dress; it will end in a sparkly, garish disaster.
- Concealer can be your best friend when it comes to achieving a flawless face. No other product can help your eyes appear brighter or cover up any blemishes you may have faster than concealer can. Choose a concealer that is one shade lighter than your natural skin tone.
- Foundation should exactly match your skin tone. You want to look as if you are not wearing any makeup at all, so having a foundation that blends flawlessly into your skin is a must.
- A natural looking blush will also look amazing and give that warm, youthful glow. Your best bet here is a sheer, cream blush.
You can also choose a good tinted moisturizer instead of a foundation.
If you are one of those lucky few who can carry off a yellow dress, make sure you choose makeup that belongs to the warm colour family.
While your base is humble, let your cheeks speak of warmth and a healthy glow. Cream based sheer cheek tints are good for this purpose. Powder bronzers work well too. Now, how to apply bronzer or blush depends on your facial structure and how you want to highlight it. If you want to have a rosy glow, almost like a natural flush, you should apply the tint on the apple of your cheek. If you want to highlight your cheekbones, then apply it just under your cheek and blend towards the temple with a brush. With a yellow dress, blush colours like peach, coral, warm pinks and orange look nice.
Whether you are wearing your yellow flow-ey dress to the prom or a wedding, getting the eye makeup right is important! There are various ways you can do your eye makeup for yellow dress. A smoky eye would also compliment a yellow dress. Use smoky grays and black for a dramatic look or chocolate browns for a more subtle look.
- For kohl-rimmed eyes, start by covering your lids with a metallic cream based eye colour in a neutral or light brown shade. With a very dark pencil, draw a thin, dark line around the lashes. With a black kohl pencil, retrace the lines to make your eyes pop.
- To create smokey eyes, first cover your eyelids with a cream colour. Smudge with a brown shadow on the inner side of the light and charcoal grey on the lash line.
- With an angled brush, create a V-shaped wing tip with matte black eye shadow and trace all over the upper and lower lash lines. Finish with black liner.
- To enhance your smokey eyes, add a dab of champagne glitter in the middle of the upper lid and near the tear ducts.
Still can’t make up your mind on what eye makeup goes with a yellow dress? Try a kit containing several shadows to experiment with.
- If you are doing smokey eyes, you best keep your lips neutral. You can opt for pink or orange lip butter. Or, you can put a nude pink or rose lipstick. A yellow dress with bright red makeup is one combo you best avoid! You will stand out in a crowd like a sore thumb, with a buttery yellow and bright red combo!
- If your eyes and cheeks have natural makeup, you can step up your game with a bold red lipstick. Combining two primary colors, like yellow and red, makes each color look even brighter and adds a younger, quirkier touch to the red lipstick. But make sure your eyes don’t have elongated cat eyes or dark shadows to keep distractions to a bare minimum.
- Start with a pink or peach lip liner across the edges of the lips. Now pick a brownish red you like (warm shades are desirable) and cover your lips with it. Blot with a tissue and you’re ready.
Yellow signifies warmth and sunshine. Keep your makeup minimalistic and accessories as subtle as they can be, and you will be exuding confidence and elan! There are many options of eye makeup to complement your yellow dress. Have fun experimenting with a combination that will work best on you. You might also visit your local cosmetic counter for a mini-makeover and get some ideas from a pro.