Monica Dogra is an American singer and actress of Indian origin. She made her acting debut with the Bollywood film “Dhobi Ghat” in 2011. In 2005, she formed the electro-rock group “Shaa’ir+Func”, along with guitarist Randolph Correia. They have released their first album “New Day: The Love Album” in 2007. She also sang a song called “Dooriyan Bhi Hai Zaroori” with Vishal Dadlani in the film “Break Ke Baad”. She is labeled as an Ambassador of “The New India”. She was last seen in Colors’ reality show Khatron Ke Khiladi.
Real Name: Monica Sharma Dogra
Profession: American Singer and Actress
Date of Birth: 25 October 1982
Age (as in 2018): 35 Years
Birth Place: Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.
Residence: Mumbai, India
Zodiac sign: Scorpio
School: Oakleigh Elementary School, Montessori
Dulaney High School, Timonium, Baltimore County, Maryland
College: New York University
Educational Qualification: Bachelors in Music
Hobbies: Poetry, listening to music
Physical Stats & Features
Height: 5’ 7”
Weight: 57 kg
Figure Measurements: 34-28-34
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Hair Color: Brown
Film: Dhobi Ghat (2011)Dhobi Ghat poster
Album: New Day: The Love Album (2007)
Favourite Actor: Shahrukh Khan
Favourite Film Hollywood- The Notebook
Favourite Songs: Howling by Ame, Water runs dry by Boyz II Men
Marital Status: Not Known
Affairs/Boyfriends: Shantanu Narayan
Randolph Correia (Guitarist)
Husband/Spouse: Not Known
Children- Not Known
In Khatron Ke Khiladi 8
Television stunt based reality show ‘Khatron Ke Khiladi’ has started its new season. It is hosted by Rohit Shetty and Monica Dogra was seen as one of the contestants in the show alongwith Manveer Gurjar, Karan Wahi, Hina Khan, Nia Sharma and many more. She is the 4th person to get eliminated from the show.
Some Interesting Facts about Monica Dogra
- Dogra belongs to a family of Indian immigrants and her maternal uncle, Prakash Sharma, is a Dogri folk music singer.
- While she was at the University, she used to work as a bartender to get the finances for books and stuff.
- She formed an electronic rock group “Shaa’ir+Func” along with guitarist Randolph Correia in the year 2005.
- It took them two years to release their first album in 2007.
- She made a guest appearance in Abhishek Kapoor’s film Rock On in 2008.
- Dogra, in 2010, sang her first Hindi song ‘Dooriyan Bhi Hain Zaroori’ along with Vishal Dadlani in the film Break Ke Baad.
- She served as a judge in December 2011 in Rolling Stone’s Never Hide Sounds, a music talent contest.
- Dogra, for a series of shows sponsored by Dos Equis around the US, shared the stage with award-winning violinist Scott Tixier in 2013.
- She was featured on the cover of Maxim India Magazine in March 2013 and May 2015.
- In March 2014, Dogra was featured on the cover page of FHM Magazine. In addition to that, in 2015, she served as one of the judges in ‘The Stage’, India’s first English singing reality show.