Naga Chaitanya Akkineni is an Indian film actor, who mainly appears in Tollywood. He made his acting debut with 2009 movie “Josh”. He gained much popularity with his second film “Ye Maaya Chesave” opposite Samantha. Later Chaitanya went on to feature in hit movies like 100% Love, Manam, Oka Laila Kosam, Premam and many more. He was last seen in the film ‘Rarandoi Veduka Chudham’.
Real Name: Naga Chaitanya
Nickname: Not Known
Date of Birth: 3 November 1986
Age (as in 2017): 30 Years
Birth Place: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Zodiac sign: Sagittarius
Hometown: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
School: Not Known
College: Trinity College, London
Educational Qualifications: Bachelor of Commerce
Father- Nagarjuna Akkineni (Actor & Entrepreneur)
Mother- Lakshmi Ramanaidu Daggubati
Half-Mother- Amala Akkineni
Brother- Akhil Akkineni (Half-Brother)
Hobbies Playing Keyboard & Bass Guitar, Travelling
Physical Stats & More
Height: 5’ 9″
Weight: 74 kg
– Chest: 40 Inches
– Waist: 32 inches
– Biceps: 13 Inches
Eye Color: Black
Hair Color: Black
Debut Film/Telugu- Josh (2009)
Favourite Actor: Venkatesh Daggubati (His Uncle)
Girls, Affairs and More
Marital Status: Unmarried
Affairs/Girlfriends: Samantha Ruth
Fiancee: Samantha Ruth
Some Lesser Known Facts About Naga Chaitanya
- The actor was born to Tollywood superstar Nagarjuna Akkineni and his ex -wife Lakshmi Ramanaidu Daggubati.
- He used to play keyboard and bass guitar in his school band and went on to study keyboard from Trinity College London.
- During his stay in Chennai for eighteen years, he completed his schooling and returned to Hyderabad to pursue his B. Com degree.
- He expressed his desire to take up acting as his profession to his father during his second year of graduation.
- He is a legitimate actor; his maternal and paternal families include many actors and film producers.
- He is an introvert; not currently active on social networks. He has also stated in one of the interviews that he is very much like his maternal uncle Venkatesh Daggubati and he is the only one who inspires him for acting.
- He debuted in 2009 with the film Josh directed by Vasu Varma, in which he played the role of a college student. As a debutant, he performed well and won the Filmfare Award South for the Best Male Debut Actor.
- His maternal uncle Venkatesh Daggubati and cousins Rana Daggubati, Sumanth and Sushanth are also actors.
- He is engaged to Samantha Ruth Prabhu, a famous Tollywood actress. Samatha is so much in love with Naga Chaitanya that she is willing to change her religion for him.