Priyanka Chopra is an Indian actress popular in Bollywood and Hollywood. In 2002, she first appeared in the Tamil song ‘Thamizhan’ and made her Bollywood debut in 2003 with the movie ‘The Hero: Love Story of a Spy’ as a supporting actress. She got honoured for her achievements in Hindi cinema and was bestowed with Padma Shri title from the President, Pranab Mukherjee, at the Rashtrapati Bhawan.
Real Name: Priyanka Chopra
Nickname: Piggy Chops, Sunshine, Mimi, PC
Profession: Actress, Model, Singer
Date of Birth: 18 July 1982
Age (as in 2018): 35Years
Birth Place: Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India
Zodiac sign: Cancer
Hometown: Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, India
School: La Martiniere Girls School, Lucknow
St. Maria Goretti College, Bareilly
Newton North High School in Newton, Massachusetts
John F. Kennedy High School in Cedar Rapids, Lowa
Army School, Bareilly
College: Jai Hind College and Basant Singh Institute of Science, Mumbai
Educational Qualifications: 12th standard
Hobbies: Singing, writing poems, reading, photography
Father: Late Ashok Chopra (Physician in Indian Army)
Mother: Madhu Chopra (Physician in Indian Army)
Brother: Siddharth Chopra (Younger)
Physical Stats & Features
Height: 5′ 7”
Weight: 55 kg
Figure Measurements: 35-28-35
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Hair Color: Black
Film Debut: Thamizhan (2002, Tamil film)
The Hero: Love Story of a Spy (2003, Bollywood film)
TV Debut: Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi (2010, as host)
Singing Debut: Ullathai Killathe (2002, Tamil Film- Thamizhan)
Favourite Food: Risotto, Burgers, French fries, Chicken/Mutton Biryani, Fish curry, Sarson ka saag, Bourbon biscuits, Red velvet cake
Favourite Film Bollywood: Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Mujhse Shaadi Karogi
Hollywood: Jerry Maguire, Pretty Woman, Walk in the Clouds
Favourite Songs: Careless Whispers by George Micheal, I Will Always Love You By Sarah Washington
Favourite Books: Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare, Tell me your Dreams by Sidney Sheldon, Letters from a Father to His Daughter by Jawaharlal Nehru
Favourite Color: Red
Favourite Perfume: Ralph Lauren Romance
Favourite Restaurant: Olive in Mumbai
Favourite Destination: Paris, Brazil and Mexico
Marital Status: Unmarried
Salary: 9-10 Crore/film (INR)
$4 million/year for TV show (USR)
Net Worth: (approx.) $32 million
Chopra has also committed to reunite with Salman Khan in Ali Abbas Zafar’s action film Bharat, an adaptation of the Korean film Ode to My Father (2014). She will star as the lawyer Vanita Gupta in Gordan’s courtroom drama Tulia, an adaptation of a non-fiction book Tulia: Race, Cocaine, and Corruption (2005) based on the notorious 1999 racial injustice case that unfolded in the city of the same name.
Priyanka Chopra’s production house Purple Pebble Pictures is planning to venture into digital entertainment. Priyanka Chopra has signed Kalpana Chawla’s biopic as her next project in bollywood. The film will be mounted on an international scale.
As per the latest reports, Priyanka Chopra has started working for her next Hollywood film called A Kid Like Jake. The plot of the film revolves around a four year old kid named Jake, and his parents. The parents will try to find the right kindergarten for Jake, while coming to terms with Jake’s gender identity. Priyanka will play the parents’ friend – a single mother named Amal.
Priyanka Chopra became the first ever actress of Bollywood to sing and release her own album named ‘In My City’. Soon she came up with Exotic featuring international artist Pitbull. She has won Best India Act category at the Europe Music Awards 2015.
Some Interesting Facts About Priyanka Chopra
- Priyanka was born in a family of physicians, as her parents were physicians in the Indian Army.
- Due to her parent’s regular transfers, she relocated to different places such as: Bareilly, Lucknow, Delhi, Pune, Ladakh, Chandigarh, Ambala, Mumbai and USA.
- After finishing her high school, she participated in a local beauty contest called ‘May Queen,’ which she won.
- At the age of 18, she won the Femina Miss India contest in 2000, where Shah Rukh Khan was one of the judges. Priyanka Chopra Miss World 2000
- Though, she wanted to make her career in criminal psychology, after winning the Miss India contest, she dropped the idea as she was getting many film offers.
- Many people think that she made her acting debut with the Bollywood film The Hero: Love Story Of A Spy (2003), but she actually made her acting debut with a Tamil film called Thamizhan (2003).
- She was supposed to make her Bollywood debut with the film Ek Haseena Ek Deewana, opposite Govinda, but the film got shelved.
- It was Abhishek Bachchan, who gave her the name Piggy Chops during the shooting of the film Bluffmaster.
- Parineeti Chopra, Meera Chopra and Barbie Handa are her cousin sisters who are also actresses in Bollywood.
- She was the original choice for Umrao Jaan in 2006, but due to her busy schedule, the role was done by Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
- She won the National Award – Best Actress for her film ‘Fashion’ (2008).
- She played 12 different characters (for each zodiac sign) in the film What’s Your Raashee? (2009).
- She is a trained singer in western classical music, and released her first single, In My City, in US in September 2012.
- She is a close friend of Hollywood actor Gerard Butler.
- She is a gadget freak and loves collecting cameras.
- She is the first Indian actress whose foot impression was taken in Italy’s famous Salvatore Ferragamo museum. Priyanka Chopra Salvatore Ferragamo museum
- She always carries candies in her purse.
- It is believed that she underwent a series of plastic surgeries to enhance her nose and lips. Priyanka Chopra then and now
- She is an animal lover and adopted a tigress, Durga, and a lioness Sundari, who live in Ranchi’s Birsa Biological Park.
- She was sceptical about signing Quantico in 2015, due to its long duration.