Ranbir Kapoor is an Indian actor popular in bollywood. He made his acting debut with Bhansali’s 2007 flick Saawariya for which he was awarded with Filmfare Best Male Debut award. Ranbir Kapoor pursued film-making and method acting at the School of Visual Arts and the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute, respectively. He was last seen in the movie Ae Dil Hai Mushkil. Now he will be seen in movie Jagga Jasoos. Ranbir has finally shifted to his new residence at Pali Hills which has been designed by Shah Rukh Khan‘s wife and Interior designer Gauri Khan.
Real Name : Ranbir Kapoor
Nickname : Daboo, Ganglu
Profession : Actor
Date of Birth : September 28, 1982
Age (as in 2016) : 34 Years
Birth Place : Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Zodiac Sign/Sun Sign : Libra
Nationality : Indian
Hometown : Mumbai
School : Bombay Scottish School, Mahim, Mumbai
College : HR College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
Debut Movie : Saawariya (2007)
Father : Rishi Kapoor
Mother : Neetu Singh
Sister : Riddhima Kapoor Sahani
Physical Stats & More
Height in cm : 6′
Weight in Kg : 68 Kg
– Chest: 40 inches
-Waist: 30 inches
-Biceps: 14 inches
Eye Color : Black
Hair Color : Black
Best Friends : Ayan Mukherjee, Shahid Kapoor, Virendra Sehwag
Hobbies : Watching Movies, Reading Autobiographies, Playing Football
Favourite Sports : Football
Favourite Colour : Red, White & Black
Favourite Food : Sushi, Dosa, Vada Pav
Girls, Affairs & More
Marital Status : Not Married
Car Collection : Audi A8, Range Rover Sport
Bike Collection : He has a bike worth Rs 30 Lakh which was gifted by Sanjay Dutt on his 29th birthday
Brand Endorsements : Docomo, Spanish Club FC Barcelona, Panasonic, Pepsi-Co, Hero Moto Corp, John Players, Nissan, Lenovo (note that few of the contracts have ended)
Net Worth : US$66 million
Price per Movie : Rs 20-25 cr per film
Price per Endorsement : 1-2 crores
Ranbir Kapoor is all set to play the role of Sanjay Dutt in his biopic which is being directed by Raju Hirani. The film will talk about human flaws, the emotional father-son story, Dutt’s relationship with his best friend, with the women in his life.
Some Unknown Facts about Ranbir Kapoor
- Ranbir shares his name with his grandfather, Raj Kapoor, whose real name was Ranbir Raj Kapoor.
- He had his first girlfriend in 7th standard.
- His teenage crush was Imran Khan‘s wife Avantika Malik.
- He is a big fan of his father Rishi Kapoor, and has seen almost every movie of his, but is shy to see her mother Neetu Singh, onscreen.
- Before his debut, he worked as assistant director to his father Rishi Kapoor for his directorial venture, Aa Ab Laut Chalein.
- He still takes his pocket money of 1500 (INR) from his mother every week.
- During the 9/11 attack in New York in 2001, he was on a street near the World Trade Center.
- He is not active on social media sites like Twitter and Facebook, but is active on Instagram.
- He is the co-founder of a production company called Picture Shuru Production.
- He considers football as his stress-buster and is the co-owner of the Indian Super League football team Mumbai City FC.
- He is a huge fan of Lionel Messi.
- He tried to quit smoking but he couldn’t. He admitted in an interview that he lacks the will power to quit smoking.
- On his 30th birthday, Sanjay Dutt gifted him a red Harley Davidson motorcycle.
- Once he was approached for Star Wars as the second lead, but he refused to be part of it.
- He once run behind Natalie Portman at Tribeca. She was talking to someone on mobile and was crying and when he said, “I love your…” and before he could say “work” she turned and said, “Get lost!”.
- His great grandfather Prithviraj Kapoor was a cousin of Surinder Kapoor (Anil Kapoor‘s father).
- He is addicted to Candy Crush.