Rani Mukerji is an Indian actress. She has won several awards, including seven Filmfare Awards. Her film roles have been cited as a significant departure from the traditional portrayal of women in Bollywood. For her roles in the films Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998), Yuva (2004) and No One Killed Jessica (2011), Mukerji won the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress. She also won the Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress for her roles in Saathiya (2002) and Black (2005), and received the Filmfare Award for Best Actress for her roles in Hum Tum (2004) and Black (2005).
Real Name: Rani Mukerji
Nickname: Khandala Girl
Date of Birth: March 21, 1978
Age (as in 2018): 40 Years
Birth Place: Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Zodiac sign: Aries
Hometown: Kolkata, India
School: Maneckjee Cooper High School, Juhu, Mumbai
College: Mithibai College, Mumbai
Educational Qualifications: Graduate
Physical Stats & Features
Height: 5′ 3″
Weight: 58 Kg
Figure Measurements: 34-30-35
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Brown
Debut Movie: Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat (1997)
Father: Ram Mukherjee (film director)
Mother: Krishna Mukherjee (playback singer)
Brother: Raja Mukherjee (elder) (producer and director)
Marital Status: Married on 21 April 2014
Affairs/Boyfriends: Govinda (actor), Abhishek Bachchan (actor), Aditya Chopra (director)
Husband: Aditya Chopra (director & producer)
Children Daughter- Adira
Salary: 2-3 crores/film (INR)
Net Worth: $25 million
Some Interesting Facts About Rani Mukerji
- We all know that Rani did her Hindi Movie debut from Raja Ki Aayegi Barat. But, her first movie was a Bengali film Biyer Phool.
- She is a trained Odissi dancer.
- She was the first choice for the movies Mani Ratnam’s Dil se, Ashutosh Gawarikar’s Lagaan and Rajkumar Hirani’s Munna Bhai M.B.B.S.
- She wanted to pursue interior designing but couldn’t due to lack of funds.
- Rani Mukherji was not the first choice of director Karan Johar for ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’. The role was first offered to Twinkle Khanna.
- Initially, she rejected Black as she wasn’t confident about pulling off the role.
- Rani Mukherji is the first actor ever to win both the best actress and best supporting actress trophies in a single year 2005 at the Filmfare. She had won the awards for Kunal Kohli’s ‘Hum Tum’ and Mani Ratnam’s ‘Yuva’ respectively.
- Rani was offered the role to play the lead role in Hollywood movie ‘The Namesake’. However, the diva had to let go off the opportunity owing to her schedule for ‘Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna’. The role eventually went to Tabu who grabbed a lot of appreciation for her performance.
- Rani Mukherji has never endorsed a fairness cream.