Ranveer Singh is an Indian actor who is popular in bollywood. He always wanted to be an actor from his childhood days. He made his debut with Yash Raj Films Band Baaja Baaraat opposite Anushka Sharma followed by many other successful movies like ‘Goliyon ki Rasleela – Ram Leela’, Lootera, Gunday and many more. His highest-grossing release came with Bhansali’s period drama Padmaavat (2018), in which he portrayed Alauddin Khilji to critical acclaim.
Real Name: Ranveer Singh Bhavnani
Date of Birth: 6 July 1985
Age (as in 2018): 32 Years
Birth Place: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hometown: Mumbai, India
School: Learners’ Academy, Mumbai
College: Indiana University, U.S.A
H.R. College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
Father: Jagjit Singh Bhavnani
Mother: Anju Bhavnani
Sister: Ritika Bhavnani
Hobbies: Watching movies, expanding his music collection
Physical Stats & Features
Height: 5′ 10″
Weight: 78 Kg
– Chest : 46 inches
– Waist : 30 inches
– Biceps : 16 inches
Eye Color: Black
Hair Color: Black
Movie: Band Baaja Baaraat (2012)
Favourite Actress: Kareena Kapoor
Favourite Sports: Football
Favourite Color: Red, White
Marital Status: Unmarried
Affairs/Girlfriends: Anushka Sharma, Deepika Padukone
Price per Movie: 12-15 Crores
Net worth: $15 Million
Singh will star opposite Alia Bhatt in Zoya Akhtar’s Gully Boy, a musical based on the life of rappers living in Mumbai’s ghettos. He will also star in Rohit Shetty’s Simmba, a remake of the Telugu action film Temper, co-starring Sara Ali Khan. He will also seen in an upcoming biopic of the cricketer Kapil Dev, entitled 83.
Some Interesting Facts About Ranveer Singh
- Ranveer belongs to a Sindhi family, who migrated from Karachi to Mumbai during the Partition of India.
- He is the maternal cousin of Anil Kapoor‘s children Sonam Kapoor and Rhea Kapoor and Harshvardhan Kapoor.
- He always wanted to be an actor, as throughout his schooling he used to participate in debates, plays, etc.
- Before acting, he worked as a copywriter in advertising agencies like O&M and JWT.
- After joining the film industry, he dropped his last name ‘Bhavani’ from his screen name, as he thought it won’t sound like a superstar’s name.
- After the release of his debut film Band Baja Baraat, there were rumours that his father paid a whooping amount of 10 crores (INR) to the makers of the film. But, he denied the rumour by saying that all “Bullshit! My dad was going through a very lean period. There was no question of him having paid money to anyone. These are all rumours.”
- If not an actor, he would have been a writer or a DJ.
- He is the first Bollywood actor who’s 4th film crossed 100 crore mark.
- He was initially offered the lead role in Bombay Velvet, but due to no dates available, the role went to Ranbir Kapoor.
- While doing a dangerous stunt on top of a house in the film Bajirao Mastani, he tore the ligaments of his right shoulder, after which he was rushed to the hospital in Jaipur, where he had a surgery.
- To prepare for his role in Bajirao Mastani, he moved out of his home and cut off from the world by not using TV, phone, internet.
- Apart from being an actor, he is an amazing rapper.
- He has an image of being temperamental and a drama king.
- He has a collection of 200+ shoes and 100+ hats.
- He loves watching footlball and is a supporter of Arsenal Football Club in English Premier League (EPL)