Rohit Shetty is an Indian film director and producer. His work as a filmmaker include the films Golmaal, Golmaal Returns, Golmaal 3, Singham, Bol Bachchan, Singham Returns, Chennai Express and Dilwale, which is currently the sixth highest grossing Bollywood film worldwide, for which he was nominated for Filmfare Award for Best Director.
Real Name : Rohit Shetty
Nickname : Rohit
Profession : Director, Producer
Date of Birth : 14 March 1973
Age (as in 2017) : 44 Years
Birth Place : Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Zodiac sign : Pisces
Nationality : Indian
Hometown : Mangalore, Karnataka, India
School : St Mary’s School, Mumbai
College : Not Known
Religion : Hindu
Father– Mudhu Balwant Shetty (Actor and Fight director)
Mother– Ratna Shetty
Brothers– Hriday Shetty (Step-Brother) and Uday Shetty (Step-Brother)
Sisters– Chanda Shetty (Elder), Chaya Shetty (Elder), Mahek Shetty (Elder)
Film (Director): Phool Aur Kaante (1991)
Physical Stats & Features
Height : 6’ 1”
Weight : 80 kg
– Chest: 42 Inches
– Waist: 36 Inches
– Biceps: 16 Inches
Eye Color : Dark Brown
Hair Color : Black
Marital Status : Married
Affairs/Girlfriends : Not Known
Wife : Maya Shetty
Children: Daughter– N/A
Net Worth: $40 Million
After the success of season 8 of Khatron Ke Khiladi and the Diwali horror comedy Golmaal Again, Rohit Shetty will be on small screen yet again, this time with Karan Johar. The two are all set to be the judges of an upcoming reality show called India’s Next Superstar on Star Plus.
Some Interesting Facts About Rohit Shetty
- He was born to Ratna, a Bollywood junior artiste, and M. B. Shetty, a movie stuntman who acted in Hindi and Kannada films. His father died when he was just 5-6 years old.
- His first salary was just 35 (INR) a day.
- Shetty directed his debut feature film, Zameen, as an independent director with Devgan in 2003 at the age of 30. Zameen did average business at the boxoffice.
- He owns a production company called Shree Ashtavinayak Cine Vision Limited.
- He started his Bollywood career as an assistant director in 1991s blockbuster film Phool Aur Kaante.
- He co-judged Sony TV’s Comedy Circus from 2009 to 2012.
- He initially choose Kareena Kapoor to doChennai Express, but due to date issues, Deepika Padukone was casted for this role.
- After his father’s death, his family was in so much crisis that once her mother went to Amitabh Bachchan’s house for some help and he helped her.
- He initially decided many titles for Chennai Express, like Southern Touch and Ready Steady Po.