Roopa Ganguly or Rupa Ganguly is an Indian actress in the Hindi and Bengali language film industry, as well as television. She became popular after playing Draupadi in the hit Television series Mahabharat (1988), and in film is most known for her roles in films like, Padma Nadir Majhi (1993) by Gautam Ghose and Yugant (1995) by Aparna Sen, and Antarmahal(2006) by Rituparno Ghosh.
Real Name: Roopa Ganguly
Profession: Actress, Singer, Politician
Date of Birth: 25 November 1966
Age (as in 2017): 50 Years
Birth Place: Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Zodiac sign: Sagittarius
Hometown: Kolkata, West Bengal, India
College: Jogamaya Devi College,
Educational Qualifications: Graduation
Physical Stats & More
Weight: 64 Kg
Figure Measurements: 36-29-39
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Hair Color: Black
Film Debut: Pratik (1988)
TV Debut: Ganadevta (1986 TV Series)
Boys, Affairs and More
Marital Status: Divorced
Affairs/Boyfriends: Not Known
Husband: Dhruba Mukherjee (1992–2006)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Roopa Ganguly
- Ganguly rose to renown for her performance in the hit Bengali television series Muktabandha.
- In 2015, Ganguly joined Bharatiya Janata Party ahead of West Bengal Legislative Assembly election, 2016.
- In West Bengal Assembly elections 2016, Ganguly lost from Howrah North to Trinamool Congress counterpart and cricketer Laxmi Ratan Shukla.
- She was nominated to the Rajya Sabha in October 2016 in place of cricketer Navjot Singh Sidhu who resigned earlier.
- Ganguly had won numerous awards including a National Award, Bengal Film Journalists’ Association Awards for two times and Kalakar Awards for three times.
- In 2011, she was awarded the National Film Award for Best Female Playback Singer for rendering her voice in Aditi Roy’s Bengali film Abosheshey.
- She was awarded for her husky and haunting voice in the songs Dure Kothay and Aji Bijan Ghare.