Salman Khan is an Indian actor, producer, television presenter and also a philanthropist. He has starred in more than 80 Hindi films. He made his Bollywood debut with a small role in the movie Biwi Ho To Aisi (1988) and later played his first lead role in Sooraj Barjatya’s romantic family drama Maine Pyar Kiya. He was seen in the latest released flick Tubelight. He has hosted Bigg Boss 10 which aired on Colors.
Real Name: Abdul Rashid Salim Salman Khan
Nickname: Sallu, Dabangg
Profession: Actor, Producer, Television Host
Date of Birth: 27 December 1965
Age (as in 2017): 51 Years
Birth Place: Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
Zodiac sign: Capricorn
Hometown: Mumbai (he spent his childhood in Indore & Gwalior)
School: The Scindia School, Gwalior (M.P.) & St. Stanislaus High School, Bandra (Bombay)
College: St.Xavier’s College in Mumbai (dropped out)
Educational Qualifications: 12th
Father- Salim Khan (former screenwriter)
Mother- Sushila Charak (by birth), Helen (stepmother)
Brothers- Sohail Khan, Arbaaz Khan (both younger)
Sisters- Alvira, Arpita (both younger)
Religion: half Muslim & half Hindu
Hobbies Painting, Swimming
Physical Stats & More
Height: 5’ 8”
Weight: 75 kg
– Chest: 45 Inches
– Waist: 35 Inches
– Biceps: 17 Inches
Eye Color: Black
Hair Color: Black
Film Debut: Biwi Ho To Aisi (supporting role)
Girls, Affairs and More
Marital Status: Unmarried
Salary Per Movie: 60 Crores (INR)
Net Worth $300 Million
The ‘Bhai’ called star Salman Khan has launched a new app named ‘Being in Touch’. It serves as a good platform for the people who aspires to be an actor, dancer and singers as well.
As per the reports, Salman Khan will be seen in a cameo role in Judwaa 2 which stars Varun Dhawan, Taapsee Pannu and Jacqueline Fernandez in lead roles. Salman Khan will be seen in Remo D’Souza‘s upcoming flick titled Go Daddy opposite Jacqueline Fernandez. It is an emotional film about a father-daughter relationship where Salman will play a father to a 13-year-old girl.
Salman will soon be seen alongwith Katrina Kaif in the sequel of Ek Tha Tiger. Ali Abbas Zafar is the director for the sequel. The movie is set to release on 22 December, 2017.
Salman Khan will also be seen in Dabangg 3 which is set to go on floors in 2018. He will also start shooting for Kick 2 from 2018. Reportedly, Salman will be doing a cameo in Aanand L. Rai’s next which stars Shah Rukh Khan, Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma.
Some Interesting Facts About Salman Khan
- Salman Khan began his acting career with a supporting role in Biwi Ho To Aisi (1988) and achieved breakthrough with a leading role in his next release—Sooraj Barjatya’s romance Maine Pyar Kiya (1989).
- According to the Forbes 2015 list: “Celebrity 100 : The World’s Top-Paid Entertainers 2015”, Khan was the highest ranked Indian in 71st rank with earnings of $33.5 million.
- In addition to his acting career, Khan is a stage performer and an active humanitarian through his charity non-profit organisation, Being Human.
- He became the only actor to collect over ₹5 billion (US$78 million) domestic net in a single year in India.
- Salman visits children hospitals regularly to donate blood.
- His father, Salim Khan, wanted him to become a Cricketer.
- He always wears a turquoise stone bracelet; he believes it is lucky for him. His father also wears similar bracelet.
- The lead of film Baazigar was offered to Salman but he rejected it as he didn’t like to play a negative role. Later Shahrukh took that role and the film was a huge hit.
- Salman suffers from a facial nerve disorder called trigeminal neuralgia or suicide disease.