Shah Rukh Khan is an Indian film actor, producer, TV host, mentor and philanthropists. He has appeared in more than 50 Hindi films in genres ranging from romance to action and comedies. He is one of the most awarded Bollywood actor of all time including actor Dilip Kumar. He was awarded with the Padma Shri by the Government of India in 2005, and the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres by the Government of France in 2007 for his contribution to films. Shahrukh has received honorary doctorate at the sixth convocation of Maulana Azad National Urdu University.
Real Name: Shah Rukh Khan
Nickname: SRK , King Khan, King of Romance, Baadshah
Profession: Actor, Producer
Date of Birth: 2 November 1965
Age (as in 2017): 51 Years
Birth Place: New Delhi, India
Zodiac sign: Scorpio
School: St. Columba’s School, Delhi
College: Hansraj College, University of Delhi, Delhi
Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi
Educational Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Economics
Masters degree in Mass Communications (Film making)
Father: Late Taj Mohammad Khan (Businessman)
Mother: Late Lateef Fatima
Sister: Shahnaz Lalarukh (elder)
Physical Stats & Features
Height: 5’ 8”
Weight: 67 kg
– Chest: 40 Inches
– Waist: 30 Inches
– Biceps: 14.5 Inches
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Hair Color: Black
TV Debut: Fauji (1989)
Film Debut: Deewana (1992)
• He went for the foetal sex determination (false allegation)
• He was barred from entering Wankhede Stadium
• In 2008, Shahrukh and Salman fought in Katrina Kaif’s birthday party.
• He slapped Shirish Kunder (Farah Khan’s husband) in a party
• He was caught Smoking publicly in Rajasthan during IPL match in 2012
Marital Status: Married
Affairs/Girlfriends: Gauri Chibber
Wife/Spouse: Gauri Khan
Marriag Date: October 25, 1991
Sons: Aryan & Abram
Salary Per Movie: 40-45 Crores (INR)
Net Worth: $800 Million
Shahrukh will soon be seen in Anand L Rai’s upcoming next. SRK will be seen playing the role of a dwarf for the very first time in his career. The film also stars Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma. As per the reports, Salman Khan will be doing a cameo in the flick.
Shah Rukh Khan is shooting for an all new talk show. Titled as ‘TED Talks India: Nayi Soch’, it will be an Indian version of talks conducted by the international organization. Reportedly, he will be paid a huge amount of 30 Crores for a week. The shooting might commence from August 19th and this 14 episode series will air in September. Now, the first guest of the upcoming show has been revealed. According to reports, Karan Johar will be the first guest of the talk show which will be hosted by King Khan. As for the show itself, each season will have 14 episodes, featuring eminent personalities in each. The format of the show will follow the guests giving a speech in front a live audience in less than 18 minutes.
In Jab Harry Met Sejal
Jab Harry Met Sejal is a 2017 Indian romantic comedy film written and directed by Imtiaz Ali.It features Shah Rukh Khan, Anushka Sharma and Evelyn Sharma in the pivotal roles. It was released on 4 August 2017. Popular American DJ Diplo has joined hands with Shah Rukh Khan to compose the song “Phurrr” for “Jab Harry Met Sejal”.
1994 Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa
1995 Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
1997 Dil To Pagal Hai
1998 Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
2007 Chak De!
2010 My Name Is Khan
2013 Chennai Express
2014 Happy New Year
2016 Dear Zindagi
2017 Jab Harry Met Sejal
Some Interesting Facts about Shah Rukh Khan
- Shahrukh Khan launched Deepika Padukone’s career in Bollywood through 2007 movie “Om Shanti Om”
- Shahrukh earlier had a dog named Chewbecca.
- Shahrukh has a statue in London’s Madame Tussaud’s Museum.
- Shahrukh is scared of riding horses.
- Shahrukh is known for keeping his low profile in charity, social and humanitarian work. On being asked during an interview with The Guardian, he said “Somewhere in the Quran it says that if you do charity for a reason, it’s not charity”
- Shahrukh’s acting career was launched by his friend Vivek Vaswani and Hema Malini.
- He has played cricket at national level.
- Khan has hosted the third season of popular game show Kaun Banega Crorepati (KBC).
He was given the birth name as Shahrukh which means “Face of the King”. But, he prefers to write his name as Shah Rukh Khan.
- In 2008, Newsweek named Shahrukh to be one of the 50 most powerful people in the world.
- His initial salary was Rs 50 which he earned by working as a guide at a Pankaj Udhas concert in Delhi. He used the cash to take the train to Agra and see the Taj Mahal.