One pot wonder southwest pasta is a vegetarian meal that only takes 25 minutes to prepare from start to finish.
If you are not familiar with the one pot wonder method, you simply put uncooked pasta, veggies, seasoning, into a large pot, cover it, and let it cook for about 12-15 minutes. That’s it! The pasta absorbs the cooking liquid and creates an almost creamy sauce.
This southwest style pasta gets a spicy kick from tomatoes and green chilies and taco seasoning. Sweet corn kernels and bell pepper provide a nice contrast of flavors.
Southwestern Vegetarian Pasta Recipe
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 20 mins
TOTAL TIME: 30 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) package uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Heat oil in a large, deep skillet. Saute onion, green pepper, garlic, chili powder and cumin.
- Stir in tomatoes, chickpeas and corn. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or until thickened and heated through.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Combine pasta and sauce. Sprinkle each serving with Monterey Jack cheese.