Chilli Paneer is one of the many fusion Indian-Chinese recipes that Indians love. This was originally served as Chilly Chicken. But of course, the vegetarians decided to modify the recipe and Paneer is a go-to ingredient for almost any kind of meat-substitute! Basically, you crisp up paneer cubes and serve along with a Chinese flavored sauce. Real easy – but only if you read the recipe carefully and understand the steps! You can do that, can’t you?
This dry dish is good to have it as appetizer also.
- paneer 200 grams
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chili powder
Sauce for seasoning
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce(adjust to suit your taste)
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 3 tbsp. corn flour
Onion – 1 large peeled and cubed
Capsicum / Bell Pepper – 1 large cubed
Garlic – 6 fat cloves chopped finely
Ginger – 2 cm piece chopped finely
Green Chilli – 3 cut in diagnols
Salt to taste
Sugar – 1 tsp
- Spring Onion a handful finely chopped
Steps of Instructions:
- Take 1/4 cup of water and mix the flour with it. Stir the Soy sauce, Chili sauce, vinegar, sugar and Salt into the corn flour mixture.
- Heat the pan in high flame, pore some oil in it, then add garlic, spring onions, chilies, ginger and fry for a few minutes.
- Add sauce and the peppers on medium heat until warm. Once the peppers are warm, stir in the corn flour mixture and cook for a few minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Add paneer to the batter and saute for few minutes in high flame until the paneer cubes in the sauce mix well.
- Garnish with spring onion leaves and if you like spicy add green chilies to it.
- Your favorite Spicy Paneer Chilli is ready to serve.