Diwali is one festival that all of us look forward to with great excitement, as it gives us a chance to be with family, burst firecrackers, eat sweets, wear pretty makeup, and look beautiful. Many of us do our Diwali makeup at home to match the festive feel and the party atmosphere around. You can’t afford to not look like a million bucks on Diwali. But with all the Diwali shopping and other chores at hand, you won’t get a convenient appointment at the beauty salon. Nor would you want to spend an exorbitant amount on cosmetics.
The DAZZLING-DAY look
Use warm colours to compliment the day look
- Wash your face thoroughly.
- Apply a lip balm.
- Moisturize and follow with a primer.
- Use a foundation that matches your skin tone.
- Apply under eye concealer.
- Dab powder all over for a matte look.
- Use an eye shadow primer and apply a cranberry or orange shade on the eyelids and blend well.
- Blend a gold shadow in the centre.
- Use a brown shade in the crease; this gives an appearance of all the colours being merged.
- Highlight and fill in the eye brows, apply eyeliner to define your eyes.
- Apply mascara and curl the lashes as you do so.
- Add a contour.
- Finish using a brown blush with a special focus on the cheek bones.
- Finally apply a brown lip liner, matte brown lipstick and lip gloss for that shimmer.
- Pick an orange matte shade and top it off with golden fine prints, to look your dazzling best.
And you’re done!
Read Also: 11 Reasons Every Girl Loves Diwali Season!
The ENIGMATIC-EVENING look
Use Cool colours to go with the mood
Step 1: After a thorough face wash, start your Diwali makeup by giving your face a smooth base of foundation. Opt for a liquid based one as it blends easily on the skin. For that flawless radiance, use a shade that is one tone lighter than your natural complexion.
Step 2: For eyes that speak volumes, use liquid eyeliner and line your upper lash line.
Step 3: Apply some dark black kohl on your lower lash line to dramatize your eye makeup. Choose a dark green or blue shade for the eye shadow, to compliment the evening look.
Step 4: Highlight your cheeks with a light tinge of purplish pink using blush.
Step 5: For the perfect lips, apply a good lip balm to create a smooth base for your lip color. Apply a coral tinted lip color with some extra shine for fuller lips.
Step 6: Finally don’t forget to add some glam to your nails as well. You can make them arty with shades of blue and green and a touch of silvery shine, for a perfect get up.
Go on, shine like a ‘Diwali diva’ this festive season.
Every woman wants to be the centre of attention, more so during Diwali. Which is why, you will need some essential Diwali makeup tips to conceal all the damage that stress, pollution and lifestyle choices do to your skin.