Taapsee Pannu is an Indian model and actress, who mainly works in the South Indian film industry, though she has also appeared in Bollywood films. Taapsee worked as a software professional and also pursued a career in modelling before becoming an actress. She made her acting debut with 2010 Telugu movie “Jhummandi Naadam”. She was recently seen in the movie Judwaa 2.
Real Name : Taapsee Pannu
Nickname : Maggie, Glam-doll, Goddess of flop heroes
Profession : Actress and Model
Date of Birth : 1 August 1987
Age (as in 2017) : 30 Years
Birth Place : New Delhi, India
Zodiac sign : Leo
Nationality : Indian
Hometown : Ludhiana, Punjab, India
School : Mata Jai Kaur Public School, Ashok Vihar, Delhi
College : Guru Tegh Bahadur Institute Of Technology, New Delhi
Educational Qualifications : B.Tech in Computer Science
Father- Dilmohan Singh Pannu
Mother- Nirmaljeet Pannu
Sister- Shagun Pannu (Younger)
Religion : Sikh
Hobbies : Reading, riding bikes, playing squash and dancing
Physical Stats & Features
Height : 5′ 7½”
Weight : 55 kg
Figure Measurements : 34-27-36
Eye Color : Dark Brown
Hair Color : Black
Film Debut: Jhummandi Naadam (2010)
Marital Status : Unmarried
Affairs/Boyfriends :Mahat Raghavendra (Tamil film actor), Mathias Boe (Badminton player from Denmark)
Husband : N/A
Salary : 70-80 lakh/film (INR)
Net Worth : $ 1 mllion
Taapsee Pannu has roped in for filmmaker Anubhav Sinha’s thriller film “Mulk”. The film revolves around true life events, which also stars Rishi Kapoor, Rajat Kapur and Prateik Babbar. It will be produced by Mushtaq Shiekh and will go on floors in October.
Taapsee is set to slip into the role of an undercover agent once again. She is rumoured to have been cast for the cinematic adaptation of Shiv Aroor’s bestseller, ‘Operation Jinnah’. The book, chronicling events in Kashmir, Delhi and New York, is based on a Kashmiri woman being abducted by Pakistani terrorists.
Taapsee is back to tollywood with an upcoming comedy-horror ‘Anando Brahma’. It is directed by Mahi V Raghav and also features Vennela Kishore, Thagubothu Ramesh, Shakalaka Shankar and Rajeev Kanakala in key roles. The theatrical trailer of the movie is out.
In Judwaa 2
Some Interesting Facts about Tapsee Pannu
- Taapsee is a Jat Sikhni, who was born and brought up in Delhi.
- Taapsee started learning Kathak and Bharatnatyam since fourth grade. She took the dance seriously and won several inter-college dance competitions.
- During her 2nd year of college in computer engineering, she decided to switch to MBA.
- She has been a bright student since school time. With magnificent 90% in 12th standard. Taapsee pursued engineering at GTBIT college. She had future plans to pursue an MBA and also cleared entrance exam with a CAT score of 88%.
- During her college days, Taapsee did modeling in certain ads and later endorsed many brands such as Reliance, PVR, Pantaloons etc.
- She learnt Kathak dance for 8 years from the famous Birju Maharaj’s disciples.
- She never thought that she could be an actress as she was studious and was always interested in Maths.
- Beautiful Taapsee also participated in Miss India 2008 pageant and won the titles of Pantaloons Femina Miss Fresh Face and also Safi Femina Miss Beautiful Skin.
- She is among the few South Indian actresses to have had 7 releases in a single year (2011).
- Taapsee has also been the face of the magazines of ‘Just For Women’ and ‘MaaStars’. She was nominated twice for best supporting actress in Filmfare for her movies Mr. Perfect and Arrambam.
- She is the co-owner of an event company, The Wedding Factory.
- She has a crush on Ranbir Kapoor.
- She loves Powerpuff girls (cartoon characters).
- She is a squash player and even played a game with her Judwaa 2 co-star Varun Dhawan.Varun Dhawan She plays squash every day for more than 30 minutes and considers squash the second-best sport.